VI.

Ash's POV

I'm jolted awake as the loud beeping of my alarm clock sounds off in the early morning.

"Just five more minutes...," I groan as I turn off my alarm and push myself up to a sitting position on my bed.

"Time for school already? What happened to the weekend?" I stand up from my bed, letting the blanket fall onto my bedroom floor. I walk over to the window and pull open the curtains to light up my room, only to be blinded by the bright sun. I stumble backward disoriented and trip and fall over some clothes I left lying on the floor to a loud thud.

"Ow.." I groan, holding my elbow after hitting it on the floor in my fall. I pick myself up from the floor and head to the bathroom for a quick shower.

—————
Serena's POV

My early morning begins with a nice, hot shower. After my shower, I sit at my desk still wrapped in my towel and brush out my long, honey blonde hair.

While brushing, I see movement out the window. I peek out and see my neighbor— oh my gosh! I completely forgot that Ash was my neighbor! And what he saw the other day was so embarrassing that I can't get married anymore! Oh no! My face is heating up just thinking about it! About him! About his.. muscular biceps... Serena, what are you thinking about?!

I keep observing Ash through his window. He yanks open the curtains to reveal himself wearing a loose-fitting white t-shirt and gray, baggy sweatpants. I feel my face growing hot because of the level of attractiveness I'm witnessing with my own eyes.

Ash quickly covers his eyes and stumbles backward. He disappears from my line of sight and down towards the floor. I giggle to myself and finish getting ready for the morning.

—————
At school
Ash's POV

It's lunchtime, and my friends and I are sitting at our lunch table chatting.

"Hey Ash," Gary starts. "Who are you rooting for at the Super Bowl?"

"I like both the teams going this year. Whoever wins, wins. I wish the Giants were going, but they haven't had a good season since LT." I let out a sigh.

"LT was the best player in history." Gary replies. He sits back in his chair and looks up towards the ceiling. "Man, I miss that guy."

"Same here," I reply.

The lunch bell rings, so we grab our stuff and exit the cafeteria. As we're heading down the hallway to our next class, I notice Serena walking towards my and Gary's direction.

"Don't look now, Gary. Here she comes," I say. We look straight ahead, ignoring her presence.

"Well, look who it is," I hear her irritatingly cute voice say as we walk by her.

"Just keep walking, Ketchum. Ignore it and it'll go away," I say just loud enough for her to hear.

"Excuse me?!"

At this point, Gary and I have parted ways, going to separate classrooms. I continue walking to my class, not paying attention to her.

"Hey," I can hear her walking behind me. "I'm talking to you! You should be honored that someone like me is taking her time to talk to someone like yo-"

Before she can finish her sentence, I turn around and plant my right arm against the wall, trapping her.

"Someone like me? I'm just a normal guy, minding my own business, trying to get through the school day. If it bothers you that much that I'm ignoring you, then just don't talk to me. I should be honored that you're talking to me? You shouldn't even BE talking to me if you're so perfect. Obviously, somethings going on. You can't seem to stay away from me."

"W-what are you saying?" She says, her voice shaking slightly.

"What I'm saying is, you have a weakness."

I can see in her eyes and facial expression that she's getting nervous.

"I-I don't know w-what you're talking about!" She replies, turning her face away from mine. I grab her chin and turn her face back towards mine.

"I know that the way you act isn't who you really are, Serena Yvonne. Believe me when I tell you," I lean in closer to her face. "I will break you."

I pull away from her and continue to my next class.

—————
I know this chapter seemed shorter than usual, but I needed to get a chapter published and this felt like a good place to end it. Let me know what you thought in the comments!

Word count: 771