III.

Ash's POV

So my first class ends and Kenny and I walk out of the classroom together.

"What's your next class, Ash?" Kenny asks me.

"Umm," I pull out my schedule. "Gym. How about you," I reply, glancing toward him.

"I have Science. I'll see you after school, alright?"

I shoot him a quick nod and continue towards the Gymnasium. I arrive at my class a few minutes early, so I change into my gym clothes and sit down on the bench near the chin-up bar and pull out my phone.

"Hey, Ash!" I hear in the distance.

I look up from my phone and see Gary walking towards me.

"Hey, Gary! What's up?" I say as we high-five.

"Just got out of English. Super boring." He rolls his eyes.

"Always has been," I reply, chuckling.

I take a small glance around the room, and I see something that catches my eye. I look back at what I saw to clarify exactly what, or who, it was.

There was a girl there. She had beautiful honey-blonde hair, gorgeous legs, and a pair of deep, blue eyes.

"Who's that," I asked Gary, pointing to the girl I just looked at.

"Her? That's Serena Yvonne. She's the most popular girl in school. All the guys fawn over her, so basically she can make them do whatever she wants."

"Oh. She's one of those girls?"

"Yea. We all just kind of leave her alone. When I first came here she got me, but after seeing what she can do, I try and avoid her."

"I see. Thanks for the info, Gary."

He nods and the teachers whistle blows and we start our Gym class.

~~~~~~~~~~

After class is over, I change out of my clothes and walk out into the hallway from the locker room.

"Hey," a feminine voice calls me. "You're that new kid. Ash, right?"

"That's me," I say, turning around to face Serena. "How can I help you?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Oh, it's nothing. Being as kind as I am, I just had to approach you and introduce myself to you. You must be thrilled!" She cackles to herself.

"Nope. Can't say I am."

She flinches and steps back. "Are you sure," she replies, flipping her hair.

I sigh. "Positive. I know exactly what kind of person you are. You're the type who uses their unrivaled beauty and grace to bend the men of this school to her will, because it makes you feel powerful. You trick them into thinking you love them, only to go and shatter their pride. But it's all a game to you so what do you care? I've dealt with your kind before, so I'm not falling for your tricks. Now, if you're finished, I have my last period to go to. I promised someone I would meet him after school, so I don't really have time for this."

"W-wh-wh.." She stutters as I walk past her. My lips curl into a smirk.

Serena's POV

What is this feeling?! Pain? Rejection? He is the first person who hasn't fallen for my charms instantly.

This has never happened to me before, But I like the feeling! It so new and I can't describe it.

Just THINKING about him makes my heart race!

That boy is the first person I've ever fallen for...

That boy.

The boy in the blue jacket..

Ash's POV

That felt good. After what Gary told me about her, I think it did her more good than harm for me to say something to her face that nobody else would. She really needed that reality check.

She really is pretty though. Maybe if her act were to clean up...

~~~~~~~~~~

After school

I walk out of the front door of the school and look around until I spot Gary and run over to him.

"Hey, Gary," I say as we high-five. "What's up?"

"You're gonna meet my friends! Let's go!" He grabs my hand and drags me along while he runs.

We arrive at this big maple tree outside of the school and there's a group of people hanging around.

"Hey guys! I have someone I'd like you to meet. This is Ashton."

I wave. "Hi. Just call me Ash, please."

Everyone introduces themselves to me and we all exchange phone numbers.

"So, Ash, how was your first day of school here in Kalos?" Drew asks me.

"It was great! The people seem nice here which isn't like my old school in Kanto." I say, scratching the back of my head. "Only thing that really bothered me was that Serena chick. She's a real brat."

Gary's eyes widen. "YOU TALKED TO SERENA?! WHAT HAPPENED?! DID YOU FALL HEAD OVER HEELS LIKE EVERYONE ELSE?!"

"Can't say I did." I shrug my shoulders. "I'm used to people like that. There was a girl at my old school named Misty who took advantage of me the way Serena does with the boys here. I know exactly what kinds of games she plays."

"So what happened when you met?" Drew inquires.

"I was a savage and told her off. She was totally stuttering!" I laugh.

"Awesome! Nobody EVER says anything to her. It's really annoying because basically everyone is clay in the palm of her hand." Dawn pipes up. "She really needed that I think."

"That's exactly what I thought," I reply to Dawn.

The conversation drags on for a few minutes until we all decide to go home. I walked with Gary and Dawn since they live in the same direction I do. My first official day in Kalos is over and it was great. I hope it stays that way.

~~~~~~~~~~

C h a p t e r 3 ! Hope you enjoyed it!

Total words: 913