II.

Ash's POV

I wake up to my alarm clock buzzing really loud and slowly open my eyes.

6:55

"Oh crap! I'm supposed to be at the bus stop by 7:15!" I yell as I throw off the covers and scoot out of bed.

I don't have time to shower so I just throw on my baseball cap and my other clothes and run downstairs. I grab a slice of bread and slap some peanut butter on it, grab my backpack, and run out the door.

I'm sprinting as fast as humanly possible to make it to the bus stop on time. I turn the corner and see the bus already there at the stop, waiting for more students to get on. Then, my heart sank. The bus doors closed, it made its signature 'kkssshhhh' sound, and off it went.

"Wait, wait, waaaait!" I yell, waving my hands like I'm flagging down a helicopter.

"Gah!" I say, giving up and running the rest of the way to school.

~~~~~~~~~~

At school

Serena's POV

I'm walking down the hallway to my first class of the day, with my entourage behind me. I overhear some girls chatting in the distance.

"I hear we're getting a new student today. I hope it's a cute boy!"

"I heard that too! Maybe you're right!"

A cute boy, huh? He'll just be another victim, I think to my self as a smirk grows on my lips.

Ash's POV

I stop running when I make it to the school's entrance and check my watch.

7:32

"Crap! I'm two minutes late, and I still have to make it to my class!"

Winded, I start to run again and enter the school. I sprint down the hallway towards my classroom, when suddenly bump into somebody.

"Hey, watch it!" I hear as I fall to the ground.

"Ouch.." I groan as I rub my shoulder.

I look up and see a boy with mahogany-colored hair, a black shirt, dark purple pants, and a necklace looking down at me.

"You okay?" He says, extending his hand.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry about that.. I'm kind of in a rush to class."

"Forget it. My name's Gary. Nice to meet ya."

"Ashton. I just moved here yesterday so I don't really know where everything is yet." I reply, shaking his hand.

"Welcome to Kalos, Ash! So, what's your first class?" He asks as I pull out my schedule.

"Umm," I say, studying my paper. "It's math."

"Cool. I'm headed that way now, so I can show you the room if you'd like."

"Thanks, Gary. I'd like that."

We head off in the direction of the class room.

~~~~~~~~~~

After turning a few corners, we finally reach the classroom.

"Thanks again, Gary!"

"Don't mention it. I'll see you after school, alright?"

I give him a quick nod and walk into the classroom.

"Is this the math classroom?" I ask peeking my head into the door.

"Yes. Oh! You must be Ashton. Everyone," the teacher says, turning towards the rest of the class. "This is Ashton. He just transferred here today and will be joining our school."

"H-hi, everyone. I'm Ashton Ketchum, but you can call me A-ash." I say shyly, looking down slightly.

"There's an empty seat in the back there next to Kenny." The teacher says as she points towards the far end of the classroom. "Please stand, Kenny."

"Yes, ma'am," comes from the back of the room as a boy with dark brown hair and a green shirt stands up.

A blush begins to form on my face as I walk towards the back of the room with everyone's eyes on me. I sit down at my seat and pull my books out of my bag while the teacher turns the students attention to the front of the class.

"Hey there, Ash! I'm Kenny," he says as we shake hands.

"Nice to meet you, Kenny! I hope we can become good friends." I reply, giving him a smile.

"Hey, how about when school is over I'll introduce you to my friends. Sound good?"

"Yeah."

~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry the ending was bad. I didn't really have a place to end it and it was getting kinda long. Thanks for reading!

Total words: 683