III

(Edited)

(Edited)

"So, your day totally got 110% better with me here..... which brings me to the question...why am I here again?" Asher asked sheepishly and rubbed the back of his head with a grin.

Damon, Stefan, and Alaric (Who was very much possessed by Klaus) all raised their heads towards the source of the voice, Klaus smirked in amusement whilst Damon and Stefan rolled their eyes at the blonde.

"Klaus has made his move and I need you-" he turned his attention to Klaus-"Ric to play chauffeur for tonight's dance." Damon informed 'Alaric' who nodded in agreement. Asher crossed his arms across his chest and raised an eyebrow in question.

"Doesn't explain what I'm doing here." he said as he sat down on the sofa, Elena, who had been sitting on the other side of the sofa, scrunched up her nose as if she had smelt something ghastly. Asher-as always-gave her a mocking smirk and turned his attention towards the two brothers who were giving him pointed looks.

"Well, whatever it is I'm down with it, so long as it doesn't require me saving my dearest wench of a sister." He drawled our the nickname on purpose and if looks could kill, well, let's just say Asher would've been burned to crisp by the heated look Elena sent him. Klaus watched the interaction with interest, he found it weird; the relation between the two Gilbert siblings and the way they were always at each other's throats all the time.

Damon rolled his eyes at his friend's childish nature, although, internally he snickered-feeling amused by Elena's reaction.

"Stop being a baby-you-Asher, have an important job..... to act as bait for klaus." he told causing Asher to sigh in relief and sludge down his seat with a palm on his chest. klaus to raise an eyebrow at his actions, the boy had been told that he was to act as bait for the most dangerous supernatural creature in existence and yet, Asher seemed....relieved. Klaus didn't know whether he should be offended or relieved himself.

"Well-" the blonde sat up straight once more and crossed his legs casually-"should be easy enough considering his odd obsession with yours truly."

Damon frowned at the statement, uncomfortable with having to place his best friend in danger but one look at Stefan and he gulped down his worries knowing how important tonight's plan was.

"Trust you to be pleased at receiving attention from a monster like Klaus." Elena muttered under her breath-although-everyone heard her. Klaus frowned at her remark and clenched his fists.

Asher gave her a fake cheery grin, his eyes glinting dangerously as he stared at the bane of his troubles, "Ah yes, but you forget, wench-" his grin turned into a sadistic smirk and not for the first time, Elena felt fear rise inside of her at the sight of the blonde vampire- "The three of us-"he pointed towards the Salvatore brothers and himself-"we're vampires, the very definition of monsters. So, the fact that another monster is oddly infatuated with me doesn't really matter to me-because at the end of the day, we're all the same."