XIV

"Pfft-"

"Pfft-"

"Not one word, Asher." Klaus said menacingly. His lips curled up in a frown as he stared at the pile of dead werewolves on the floor. The two sat on a log and it took everything in Asher's willpower to not burst out laughing at the sour look on both Klaus and a brooding Stefan's  face, the latter who stood near a tree with his arms crossed against his chest.

Asher raised his hands in surrender, a barely concealed grin plastered on his roguishly handsome face as he turned towards the younger vampire. "Still in a pissy mood over the bite, Stefanie my love?"

Stefan glanced at the man child and gave him a deadpan look that practically screamed 'no shit, sherlock' and turned away once more.

Asher snorted before turning towards the original, he sighed and scooted towards him just a little more (not that he felt bad for Klaus or anything, Asher took absolute delight in seeing him angry...honest!)

"Well, considering as your brilliant master plan just failed....can I please go home now?" Asher asked, a pout forming as he leaned against Klaus's back.

Klaus sighed in exasperation, a guilty expression appeared, something that he hid immediately as his eyes met Stefan's knowing one's.

"Whine later, Asher. For now we have a witch to visit." He said and stood up, dusting his trousers. Klaus ignored Asher's groan as he dragged the man along with him.

"Aw man, I hate witches!"

"I fucking love witches!" Asher corrected, his eyes gleaming in pure joy as he watched Klaus get wrecked by the witch named Gloria. Klaus tried ignoring his wounded pride and turned towards Stefan who shrugged, no one could control Asher. No one.

The two took a seat on the leather chairs as Gloria said, "I know why you're here. A hybrid out to make more hybrids? That kinda news travels."

Asher slumped down on the chair besides Klaus as he listened to the two talk.

"So what did I do wrong?" Klaus asked her. "I broke the curse-"

Asher frowned in confusion and gazed at Klaus, "hold up a moment, broke the curse?" He asked.

Gloria raised an eyebrow at Klaus who smacked his face in realisation. "I take it he didn't know?"

Asher shot up from his seat, now downright glaring, "the hell does that mean, Klaus?"

Klaus looked up at him and sighed, "it means that I broke the bloody curse, Asher. I killed Elena Gilbert."

Asher paused in his tracks. Asher always knew he wasn't the brightest kid in the room, he had always been slow mainly due to the fact that he had the attention span of a three year old-worse even.
So when he finally realised the gravity of the situation, well, needless to say he was not taking it well.