IV. Ad Libitum

Ad Libitum 

|Ad li-bee-tum | At pleasure, changing the tempo of a particular passage

"Are you alright?"

You remembered him asking you with a soothing voice, curious and calming at the same time, while tilting his head to be able to look at you and see the expression on your face more clearly as he waited for your answer.

It was the day when you took him to your studio.

After so many days of trying to work on your art, you had started to give up. Leaving so many empty canvases scattered on the small studio, neglecting the obligation of finishing any artwork that you could share to the public as proof of the many years you have gone through, all filled with hard, relentless work of getting you where you were at the moment. The burdening weight you carried of wanting to prove to everyone what you were capable of, to show everyone your creation, had finally taken its toll on you that you were left unable to paint anything no matter what you did.

"Apparently, no," you answered him with a tired huff of breath. "I am completely frustrated. I have images in my head, Jimin. Images. But I have no inspiration enough to bring them to life." You spoke to him in much desperate tone, pointing at the empty canvas in front of you.

"Well, what if—" he said, pressing his body to your back from behind the chair where you were seated at, wrapping his arms around you for warmth. "Try not to convey your thoughts, and convey your feelings instead?"

And conveying your feelings was all you had been doing for the last six weeks.

Glancing around at the crowded gallery where you were, you caught the sight of all the people admiring the works being placed on display. You found some of your work proudly displayed amongst them, and you let out a sigh as you reminisced all of those weeks when you hid away in your studio to get your mind off of Jimin, conveying all of your feelings and thoughts into your canvases until you were finally able to finish your art.