XIV. Finale

Finale 

| fi-nal-ee| Movement or passage that concludes the musical composition.

You had been pacing back and forth inside your apartment for a couple of hours since you got back from work and had a quick chance to meet Yeri on the way home

You had been pacing back and forth inside your apartment for a couple of hours since you got back from work and had a quick chance to meet Yeri on the way home. You had told her about what happened at the gallery the day before, and you had been thinking about them from a different angle after being enlightened with the fact that perhaps you were both just too overwhelmed about your feelings and finally meeting each other again. With extra anger at your side for having all of the miscommunication happening between the two of you and for him being gone without news for weeks.

"He's just being an idiot. Give him time to clear his mind and get some sense, and make sure you calm down before you see him again. Everything will be alright."

You kept repeating her words over and over again while you moved around inside your apartment, trying not to let your emotions get to you and doing what you could to keep yourself busy—although, in the end, all you had been doing was walking around aimlessly.

It was when you were trying to decide the choices of whether you should just wait or should you start walking out the door to meet him face-to-face and clear things out—because damn, you had grown tired of waiting, and knowing that he was there, so close to you, made you feel more impatient to wait any longer—when you heard someone knocking at your door. It didn't take long for you to open the door and immediately met with the familiar face that had been in your thoughts and in your restless heart for weeks.

You stared at him not knowing what to say or do, while he stared back at you with an apologetic and uncertain look in his eyes. He leaned forward, placing both hands spread to his side to hold firmly on the doorframe.

"Hello," he said finally, giving you an embarrassed smile before he continued, "My name is Park Jimin, I live next door."

His sudden presence in front of you and his words truly caught you by surprise, and you could only reply with the only thing that seemed make sense for the moment, "Hi, my name is ___. I've been living here for a year now."