XII. Forte

Forte 

| fawr-tey | (Italian: loud) is used in directions to performers to play loud.

"You know, I've been wondering about something."

"Oh yeah? And what is that?" you glanced up at the man sitting across the table.

It was the second unofficial date you had gone to with him since you had agreed to accept his offer of taking you out at the opening night of the exhibition.

That being said, only one week had passed after that very night. And to be able to actually let yourself be taken out to one was a mere miracle, since he could only do it by taking you to a night out right after working hours, for there was always a chance for you to change your mind if he ever laid a plan prior to the date itself. It was for those reasons only, and the fact that you wouldn't have much time to meet each other again anyway after all of this.

"I notice that you seem so quiet lately, and looking so incredibly down for the past few weeks. Is there something going on?"

A lot of things, actually.

was the words that you held back from saying out loud, for if you ever had done so, you may not be able to stop. You fell silent, giving him the same apologetic smile that you had been giving him for weeks. And you were deeply grateful when he refrained himself from prodding on you about the matter.

The two of you continued the night with long conversations, mostly on life and things from work, as he was trying to help make you feel comfortable in talking to him, probably with the hope that you might be able to eventually open up to him.

The night ended so quickly, yet you felt time was going too slow for you. You ended the night by letting him walk you home to your apartment, and then spent a whole 10 minutes standing right in front of your building since you were reluctant on inviting him up to your floor. He bid his goodbye by leaning down to give you a hug and a whisper of,