Ch.13

Your pov
----------
Waking up was a chore as usual and it was sunny once again but even warmer than the past few days.
"Summer is coming" I mutter to my self heading to my bathroom and taking a shower.

Walking over to my draws with damp hair I pulled out a plain black tank top and black jeans ... oh and all the other stuff that I wear underneath socks, underwear ext,.

I was wrapping my chest when I heard my door open.
"Morning kiddo!"
I rolled my eyes at my bosses joyful voice from the other room.
"Mornin'" I groan.

I pushed my door shut so she didn't come in while I was binding and changing.
-----
I walk in to the kitchen area where Cath (bosses name) was making herself and me a coffee.

"One sugar or two?"she asked
"(One)/(two)" I answered. (It doesn't really matter just thought I'd let you have the choice 😂👌)

We leaned against the kitchen side and talked.
"It's Thursday" she said out of now where.

(Btw be changed the times I know I said the fight would happen next Thursday in the story but I brought it forward along with the beach trip)

"Yup, yesterday it was Wednesday then tomorrow it will be Friday" I said taking the puss slightly. "What's the point here?"

"The point it that that big fight is today and you don't seem to show any... worries or anything. I thought that maybe you just forgot" she explained drinking her coffee.

"I didn't forget, I'm just not worried"

"How could you not be worried?!" She raised her voice slightly which didn't effect me at all I just sipped my coffee with half lidded eyes from tiredness.
"Sorry, it's just, this is the biggest fight you've had in a while and you haven't been working much to get money so if you don't win this you won't be getting any 'income' until the next one" she continued.

"I know but to be honest being worried won't help me. All I need is my wits, strength, and the adrenaline rush that will hit me when I get in the ring" I said the last part with a smirk and put my mug away.

"Well I need to finish getting ready" I said walking to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

"I'll give you a lift to school" she said while washing mine and her mugs.

"Cheers" I said while brushing.
------

We were in the car our way to the school in silence. Well that is until Cath broke the silence.

"Y/n you gotta get some new dc.martins." She said looking at my shoes. They were torn scratched, stained and had multiple little holes at the creases where they bent for my toes.

"Wow thanks Cath let me just pull out 18,200 yen and we can go get some." I say, sarcasm laced in my words.

"Good point."
We pulled up outside the prestigious pink school and I flung the door open. The car was old and rusted with dents and scratched all over it so it stood out like a sore thumb.

I went to the trunk and pulled out my bag and skateboard. I went back over to the door where Cath rolled the window down.

"Thanks again for the ride"
"No problem kiddo I'll see you later for the job" she said with a smile.
"Yeah" I said with a sight and pulled away flinging my bag over by shoulder and carrying my longboard under my arm.