Sieze The Day

Jack's POV

"Did you get any sleep last night?" Davey asked the next morning as we got ready for the strike.

"Of course not," I sighed running my hands through my hair before putting my cap on my head. "When I finally got back to the Lodge, all I could think about was if I had checked everywhere and if there were any new places I should check. I couldn't help but picture what could be happening to her and if there was anything I could do to help her."

"Jack, we're going to find her. We just need to keep looking." Davey smiled.

"It's a big city, Davey. She could be anywhere." I sighed, defeated.

"Hate to break up whatever ya'll are talking about, but the boys are ready." Spot Conlon said, walking over.

"Hey Spot, have you seen a girl named Rose? She has. . ."

"Rosemary?" Spot's breath got caught in his throat. "You. . . You fellas know Rosemary?"

"Wait, how do you know Rose?" I asked getting strangely protective.

"She lived in Brooklyn not too long ago," he said folding his arms across his chest.

"Before Snyder caught her," Davey said sadly.

"Wait," Spot said unfolding his arms and clenching his hands into tight fists. "Snyder the Spyder caught Rosie? What did he do to her?" He asked slowly.

"That son of a bitch forced her to work for him and would abuse her when she did anything nice for the boys." I said through gritted teeth.

"Wait, what?" He yelled. "He hurts her? He hurts my Rosemary?"

"You're Rosemary?" I scoffed. "If she's 'your Rosemary', you did a hell of a job protecting her."

"I did what I could," Spot sneered.

"Okay, before we stick her between the two of you and have you both call out her name and make her choose," Davey sighed, stepping in-between the two of us. "Let's focus on winning the strike then we can work together to find her."

"He's got a point," I sighed.

"Strike first, then we find Rose." Spot agreed.

**********

"Newsies of New York!" I yelled getting their attention. "We won!" I cheered with a big smile on my face. I laughed as I watched the Newsies celebrate our victory.

I was happy until I thought about Rose and how she should be here. Here we were celebrating and Rose is still no where to be found. I cleared my throat as I put a smile back on my face. "And now I would like to introduce my very own personal pal, Governor Theodore Roosevelt himself!"

"Each generation must, at the height of its power, step aside and invite the young to share the day. You have laid claim to our world and I believe the future, in your hands, will be bright and prosperous!" 

Suddenly Governor Roosevelt turned towards me. "Your drawing, son, brought another matter to bear. Officers!! If you please!" We all looked to were the governor was pointing to see two officers holding Snyder.

"Look! It's Snyder the Spider!" Race taunted.

My eyebrows furrowed when I noticed someone walking slowly behind them.

"Rose?"