Chapter 3

Michelle POV

"We need to find articles for the magazine, June is around the corner. We published this month's magazine and sales are picking up am I right?"

"Yes Miss Fields, looks like we are going to have yet another good month." My sales manager informed me.

"I like hearing that, let's keep this up" I said to my team. There was a knock on my office door and Lisa walked in.

"Miss Fields your mom is on line one" she said with a smile.

"Thanks Lisa" I said to her "Okay guys, we'll have another meeting soon but for now, work on the topics I have approved for you to do." I said and wrapped the meeting up. They filed out of my office and soon I was left alone and I answered the phone.

"Hey mom" I said enthusiastically.

"My baby girl, how are you doing its been long"

"I'm doing great yeah, work is work, busy but everything is great, how are you guys doing?" I say to her

"Dad and I are good, we just miss you and Greyson thats all, how is my grandson doing?"

"Christian is good, growing up fast."

"Oh my grandbaby"

"I'm going to fetch him now, we can have dinner at the house to welcome Grey back, how does that sound?"

"Dad and I would love that, so we will see you tonight then."

"Yeah see you later, tell dad I said hi okay, I love you"

"I love you too baby, bye" she said and hung up.

------

"Mommy" Christian said

"Yes my baby"

"Mrs Hillington was reading your magazine today"

"Really"

"Yeah, she has a shelf with all your magazines" he said enthusiastically which made me smile.

"Baby we are going to grandma and grandpa's house for dinner."

"YAY!, when are we leaving?"

I looked at my phone for the time, it read 18:15 pm." We will leave soon okay, I'll let you know"

"Okay" he said simply and ran upstairs to his room. Took out my phone and called Greyson.

"Hey Mash" he said and I chuckled.

"Hey Grey, so mom and I planned on having dinner and I suggested that the dinner could be a 'welcome home Greyson' dinner so in other words...you and Amber are coming to mom and dads for dinner tonight." I said.

"Umm..."

"Mom called me this afternoon and told me how much she misses the both of us." I said putting emphasis on the word "misses" .

"Okay, we'll be there" he said

"Great, so dinner is at 7:15 pm, I gotta go, I'll see you soon bye" I said and hang up.

I went up to my room to freshen up and I changed into comfortable, casual clothes. I went back downstairs to get my phone and car keys. I got to the bottom of the stairs and called out for Christian.

"Christian!, get your shoes on were leaving!" I shouted, Christian came running down the stairs, ever so excitedly. He ran out the house and went towards the car.

As we settled in the car I get a text from Amber, Greyson's wife.

Amber: 'Grey told me about dinner ,we're on our way.'

-----

"Grandma!, Grandpa!" Christian said as he ran out the car and threw his arms around my mom and did the same with my dad.

"Oh my goodness your so big now" my mom said.

"How you doing little man?" My dad said to him.

"I'm good" he said then his eyes landed on two people.

"Uncle Greyson!, Auntie Amber!"he said excitedly as he ran to them.

I looked at my mom, she hasn't changed much. She still has her beautiful green-blue eyes,she has shoulder length hair that is hazel brown with a few strands of grey hair.
All in all my mom still looked amazing. I went towards her and hugged her.

"Hey mom"

"Hey you, I missed you baby"

"I missed you too" I said and I looked at my dad and smiled at him. He hasn't changed a bit either except for the few grey hairs that once were hazel brown. His blue eyes never failed to captivate me as I remembered the good times together.

"Hey dad"

"Hey baby girl, you look beautiful" he said with pure joy in his eyes.

"Thank you, I missed you" I said as I hugged him, it felt so good to hug my dad again.

"I missed you too honey" he said as we pulled away.

This has to be one of the best family dinners I've had in a very long time. Sitting at the dinner table with mom and dad was lovely. I missed them so much. I've been tied up with work to see them but never miss a chance to call them. Christian has bonded very well with my mom and dad as he was growing up. It made me smile just looking at how close they are now.