Chapter 5

Michelle's POV

Today's a hectic day, I'm sure its one of the most busiest days we've had this month. It's been four days since Sam told me about the interview thats going to happen. Right now, I have articles to review and i need to start putting together the magazine and I have a long list of people to get in touch with.

"Miss Fields, the fashion article you asked for" Lisa said

"Thank you"

"Would you like a coffee?" She asked

"Oh yes please"

"I'll be right back" she said and left.

----

Seconds turned to minutes and minutes turned to hours and I'm finally done with reviewing articles and putting together parts of the magazine that I have. I was on my way out to fetch Christian from school when Samantha popped in my office.

"Hey you got a sec?" She asked

"Yeah,whats up?"

"Remember the business man that agreed for the interview?" She asked

"Yeah..."

"He's asking to meet with you...now"

"Now?" I ask bewildered.

"Yeah and he is here right now" she said, waving her hand for someone to come in the room

A man so handsome walked in my office, he's tall with black silky hair that made me wanna run my fingers through it. His eyes are a light hazel brown that has you hypnotised. His lips are full and look plump. He is just the definition of perfect. The suit he wore hugged him in all the right places and brought out his muscles.

"Miss Fields, I'm Ian Martins, the CEO of Martins and Co., I would like to have a word with you, if you don't mind."

"Um...I was actually on my way out, do you mind waiting for me to come back?"

This is so unprofessional of me to do.

"That won't be a problem" he said

"Thank you" I said offering him a smile and he returned it. I left the office telling Lisa to give Ian anything he wanted.

I arrive at Christians school and waited outside the car for him. Christian came running towards me as school was let out, he jumped into my arms, wraping his little arms arround my neck.

"Hi mommy"

"Hey baby, I missed you" I said to him as I kissed his cheek.

"I missed you too"

"Okay, mommy has to go back to work so...do you want to come with me or should I drop you off at home?"

"I wanna come with you" he said moving up and down in my arms.

"Okay lets go"

We arrived at the company and I walked in with Christian holding my hand. He was telling me this funny story about his friend, making me laugh in the process.

"You should have been there mommy it was so funny."

"Im sure it was" I said chuckling.

"Hey Lisa can you watch Christian while I talk to Mr Martins"

"Sure, no problem" she said

I give Christian a kiss on his cheek and went to my office. Ian was waiting outside my office with Samantha when I got there.

"Hi, i'm so sorry for making you wait" I said feeling myself blush. From the corner of my right eye, I could see Samantha backing away.

"Its no problem at all Miss Fields" he said calmly.

"Please come in"

We entered the office and I closed the door behind us. I made my way to my chair and took a seat.

"So what can I do you for?" I asked him.

"I wanted to meet the CEO of the magazine company that I'll be giving an interview to"

"Oh...and why did you want to do that?"

"So I can see if the CEO herself would do the honours of interviewing me." he said.

"What me?"

Why did he want me to interview him?, I said Samantha was going to do this.

"Yes you, I would like to be interviewed by the CEO of this magazine company" he said with a smirk. His stare was intense and It left me with butterflies in my tummy.

"Okay, I'll interview you" I said

"I was hoping you would agree"

"Can you send us a schedule for when your free to do this, I'll have my PA call you"

"No problem at all, I look forward to working with you Miss fields" he said

"Please call me Michelle"

"Okay...Michelle I'll see you soon" he said while standing up and he shook my hand. I couldn't help but feel drawn to his touch.

There was a knock on the door followed by it being barged open, Christian came running to me and wrapped his arms around me. I can never get tired of holding my son in my arms. I saw Lisa sending me an apologetic look, I told her it was fine.

"Hey you, can you say hi to Mr Martins"

"Hello" he said extending his hand for Ian to shake. Ian gladly shook is hand with a look of amusement.

"Hey little man whats your name?" He asked

"I'm Christian, are you working with my mom?" He asked

"Yes I am, how old are you?

"I'm four"

"Your a big boy" Ian said with a smile. I put Christian in my chair and turned my  attention to Ian.

"Ian, I can all you that?"

"Of course"

"Okay, we will be in touch" I say to him with a smile.

"Great, I better get going, it was a pleasure meeting you Michelle"he said as he made his way to the door.

"The pleasure was all mine" I said smiling at him and he smiled back.

"Bye Christian" he said

"Bye" Christian said back. With that he walked out of the office.