sixteen

Jaehyun eased Taeyong into bed and gently eased out of him.

After cleaning both of them up, he joined him in bed, turning him until they could hold each other.

They didn't talk, just shared long kisses. They were both satiated and warm in Taeyong's bed.

"I never recorded us." Jaehyun said softly, breaking the silence.

"Why did you say you did?" Taeyong asked after a long silence during which Jaehyun thought he hadn't heard him.

"I never said that. You chose to believe that. I said I had on record that you enjoyed it."

"Same shit! What other lies have you told me?"

Jaehyun groaned and rolled to lie on his back, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Jaehyun?"

"Chaeyeon... is my cousin. She's Jung Chaeyeon."

"Then why did you feed me all that bullshit about marriage?!"

"I didn't want to have any problems with your folks. Put yourself in my shoes for a second. Your dad trusted me to mentor you. I'm sure the last thing he expected was for me to fuck his son. And do you have any idea the difficulties you're going to face being gay? I just wanted to spare you all that."

"So you decided to steer my life in the direction you thought it should be?" Taeyong exploded getting out of bed.

"I'm sorry, baby. I just... I didn't want to create any problems for you. I wanted the best for you."

Jaehyun moved to sit at the edge of the bed.

"Bullshit! You were thinking about yourself! You placed your relationship with my dad above ours! Do I mean so little to you?!" His eyes flashed, a dark mix of anger and hurt.

Jaehyun took a shuddering breath and let it out slowly.

"Taeyong, if I remember correctly, you were also worried about what your father would think. You were not ready for this."

Taeyong started shaking his head before Jaehyun stopped speaking. His fists were clenched at his sides. He was so angry at Jaehyun he was shaking.

"I don't care what he thinks, Jaehyun. I only asked you whether you think he would accept me being gay. There's a difference." He thundered.

"It would have been nice if you had fought for me no matter what my father or anyone for that matter thought. Do you... have any idea what I've been through this past week?" He asked in a whisper.

"Your noona gave me a picture. I'm so sorry."

Jaehyun got off the bed and walked towards an angry Taeyong whose eyes were bright with unshed tears.

"I'm sorry, baby," Jaehyun whispered. "So sorry."

Taeyong looked around the room for a moment, obviously trying to rein in his emotions.

He hated how easily the man pulled emotion from him. He turned to Jaehyun and gave a quick nod.

When tears welled up in his eyes and started to flow down his cheeks, Jaehyun reached for him, pulling him close and holding on.

"I hate you right now." Taeyong whispered stepping back from Jaehyun's embrace.

He furiously wiped at his tears. He looked around, expression panicked.

Maybe he should get out of the room until he could get some control, and Jaehyun wouldn't have to see him cry again.

Was it too much to ask to maintain at least a shred of dignity around Jaehyun?