MEANIE:

"Such a pretty baby boy,"

Where Wonwoo likes compliments and Mingyu likes to give them

Requested by: kyungish
________________

'This is it,' Wonwoo though. He tugged on the ends of his mint sweater. Today was the day Wonwoo was going to wear what he wanted and not what people expected from him. This, of course, was Mingyu's idea. Not only did he think that the smaller was absolutely adorable when he wore clothes like that, he also felt that he needs to stop hiding himself becuase of his fear of judgement.

"Ready to go, princess?" Mingyu stuck his arm out for the other to take so they could study at the campus library.

The pair met in highschool. Then, of course, Wonwoo still hid behind dark colours and even darker expressions. Mingyu felt blessed that he trusted him enough to be himself around him.

"Don't be nervous, okay peach? You look cute." Wonwoo looked down before opening the heavy steel door of the library.

They got settled onto a round table near the back corner. Taking out neatly prepared notes and flashcards, Wonwoo quickly absorbed himself in the task. Mingyu, however, was studying Wonwoo.

The way he would push his glasses up when they journeyed to close to the tip of his nose, how his thick, muscular jaw completely contradicted his personality, his eyelashes so delicate they could rival flower petals.

Yes, Mingyu is completely infatuated with everything Wonwoo is.

Slowly looking up from his notes, Wonwoo noticed his boyfriend staring at him. A soft blush rose to his cheeks, and he pushed his glasses up.

"Don't you need to revise?"

"Yes," Mingyu answered simply.

"Then why-"

"It would be disrespectful to not absorb your self in the artwork that they artist so carefully worked on."

Mingyu felt his heart swell, remembering when the shorter confessed to him.

After months of being friends, Wonwoo started acting different, upon being asked he shyly revealed the cause.

"Nobody has ever treated me as kindly as you do,"

"What do you mean?" Mingyu wasn't surprised to hear these words, for the latter was pretty reserved.

"You always compliment me,"

The cinnamon candle slowly burning on the desk not to far from them filled Mingyu's head as he answered.

"How could I not?"

Back to the present, Wonwoo flushed a bright red and hastily returned to his notes.

It was still fairly early, and there were not many people in the library at this time. There are no classes today, so people must be enjoying that.

Even so, Mingyu wanted to make sure Wonwoo wasn't to overwhelmed. Who knew a pastel sweater could cause so much anguish?

"You still doing okay, baby boy?" Mingyu spoke in the soft voice reserved only for his boyfriend.

"Y-yeah, I'm really glad you encouraged me," Wonwoo looked away, lightly biting his lip.

"Good boy, keep studying,"

Even being together for around three years, Wonwoo still gets shy from all of the pet names and compliments.

Two hours and one completed essay leter, the duo decided it would be a good time to start making their way home.

The spring time wind lightly blew Wonwoo's hair in tufts away from his face, the sun's embrace warming the pair.

Warm and happy from the sunlight, Wonwoo took a hold of Mingyu's hand.

"We should go to the park, I want you to push me on the swings,"

"How old are you again?" Mingyu lovingly looked down at his boyfriend. Wonwoo just stuck his bottom lip out.

"Of course, kitten. Anything for you,"

Wonwoo smiled, not being able to control his excitement as they neared the small park. As soon as his feet hit the soft grass he sprinted to the old swing set, Mingyu not far behind.

Wonwoo quickly got on the swing, kicking his feet.

"Hurry up, Mingyu!"

Mingyu stood behind Wonwoo and took a hold of the chains. Wonwoo laughed.

"Remember the first time we did this?"

Mingyu remembered, he could never forget when it came to his boyfriend. But, he wanted to hear Wonwoo talk about it so he played dumb.

"No? How about you refresh me,"

"Well,"
~
"Come on, Wonwoo!"

Giggling and running Mingyu lightly pushed Wonwoo ahead of him.

"I still can't believe you talked me into this," he mumbled.

"Come on, it was only the second half of the day!"

"I'm older than you, shouldn't I be the bad influence?" Wonwoo nudged his side.

"Whatever, just get on the swing. I wanna push you."

"W-what?" Wonwoo immediately pushed up his glasses, a nervous habit.

"You heard me, get on,"

Wonwoo huffed and sat down on the swing, slightly wet from the light rain this morning. They had only 'officialy' been together for about a week, and the older was not at all used to the skinship Mingyu liked to participate in.

Looking up at the sky Wonwoo noticed the clouds.

"Hey, Ming? The clouds look pretty dark, what if it starts to rain again?"

"It's not gonna rain you dork. It already did that this morning."

"Well that doesn't mean-"

"Hush," Mingyu interrupted, pushing Wonwoo a bit higher.

Enjoying the wind brushing last his face, Wonwoo tipped his head back.

All of a sudden

"Ow, Mingyu stop, stop!"

"What is it babe?"

"A raindrop just got up my nose!"

Mingyu doubled over with laughter.

"It's not funny! It really hurts!" Wonwoo rubbed his nose as the rain fell harder.

"Well, since you're a weather nerd and predicted the weather what do we do now?"

"Ming, I don't control the weather."

"Let's just agree to disagree, but the main problem is that we have no place to go."

"Thats your fault! You made me skip with you!"

The pair attempted to find shelter in the rickety wooden gazebo.
~

"Then I ended up sick." Wonwoo finished the story.

"Hey, but I made you soup!" Mingyu moves inftont of him, gently touching his shoulder.

"But it was gross soup,"

"Lying doesn't suit you, baby boy."

"I'm not-"

Oh, would you look at the time? It's time to stop." Mingyu checked his imaginary watch.

"I hate you"

"I love you too, kitten."

___________