JISOL

"Why didnt you tell me?!"

Where Hansol is secretly in love with Joshua.

Requested by: NamjoonsLegs
___________

You're really not supposed to feel this way about your childhood friend. Hansol knows that, but every time Joshua spends the night he just wants to run his fingers down his jaw.

Some sort of affection, at least.

Being three years older than Hansol never stopped Joshua from being his best friend.

Since hansol was five and Joshua was eight they have been inseparable. Their mothers would schedule nights out, and these were the best days for the pair. All becuase Hansol's dad just wanted the boys to have fun. And they did, but not without accidentally causing trouble or getting hurt.

Now, everything was almost the same. Except for Hansols feelings.

"Oh! And in the last episode I watched there was this monster thing, they kept it underneath the school for some reason, and-"

Hansol would even prompt his friend to tell him anything and everything about the current anime he's been watching. It was cute seeing him ramble, with his far away smile.

Everything was far away with Joshua, and that was the problem.

"Hey, Josh?" Hansol started tentivly after his friends story.

"Yes?"

"Um, I was just- just- I just wanted to tell you that I like guys." Hansols red faced stuttering surprised Joshua. He always seemed like a confident person.

"That's awesome Hansol, are you going to tell your parents?" Joshua had his gentle smile on, and Hansol just about melted.

"Yeah, they already know." Joshua could put him in a trace,"I just didn't want to keep anything from you."

"You're fine."

Joshua was always fine.

After his girlfriend breaks up with him?

Fine.

After Hansol spills somthing on his homework?

Fine.

It was scary how okay Joshua was with everything all the time, and it made Hansol jealous.

Becuase he was always a mess.

Get an F on the test?

Cry.

Joshua forgets to text him?

Cry.

Everything he did poorly effected his view in himself, always. Even if its somone else's fault.

But for now, everything was great. Joshua's head was now in his lap and time felt like it was slowing down. He started to run his fingers through his friends short, soft hair. He saw Joshua smile. That's all he's ever wanted.

"So, there's a fair this weekend, let's go." Joshua's sleepy eyes looked up at Hansol, and once again his breath escaped him.

"Of course, Josh." Joshua closed his eyes, enjoying the way his friend was touching him.

"You can drive, you need practice." Joshua reached for Hansols hand, and shut his eyes again. Hansol blinked away tears.

"Yeah, I do, don't I?" His voice didn't break, he was used to it.

That night he was alone again. It was hot outside, but with out Joshua's warmth, he always felt cold. And when he was cold, he couldn't sleep.

He would think about all the ways things would be different if Joshua was his.

These girls keep breaking his heart, and each time Hansol would try to make him feel better. That is, without giving away his true feelings. It was difficult for Hansol to get Josh to talk about how he was feeling. He wished the older boy could just be more open.

Seeing Joshua cry was always a horrible affair. He's only seen it happen once, and Hansol was shocked.

He didn't want to remember it, not now and not ever.

Hansol soon found himself in a fitful sleep.

The next morning Hansol got up early for the fair Joshua had been talking about. The only thing that was on his mind was Joshua's hand in his. Oh, how he hopes that'll happen.

He went to the bathroom to brush his teeth, he heard his phone buzz and quickly ran to check it.

Joshua
I'm here!! Hurry!

Hansol smiled. Joshua was always so impatient with him. He quickly texted him back before finishing getting ready.

As soon as he opened his friends car door he was greeted with a gentle smile. "Are you ready?"

"Of course," Hansol had to force his words through the lump in his throat. Joshua was looking great as usual.

On the way there Joshua ended up driving, becuase he didnt want anything to happen to his car. Hansol thought that was a good choice.

Hansol put his head in his hand and looked out the window. Spacing out, he traced the shaped of clouds in his mind.

"Hansol?"

"Yeah?"

There was a pause and a shift in mood. All of a sudden things felt tense.

"I dont know how to say this, isnt that dumb. You wont even get upset I'm just so nervous..."

"Take your time, Josh." Hansol was also nervous, but allowed himself to fantasize. May Joshua had feelings for him all alone and he's just now coming to terms with it. That seems somewhat plausible, right?

"Well, uh. You know Seokmin?"

Seokmin? What about him.

"Um, yeah. He's in my chem class."

What does Seokmin have to do with Joshua pining over him for years.

"Well...God I wish I told you sooner. Well, I'm probably not straight...okay, im definitely not straight. I'm dating Seokmin." Joshua's face was red and he was smiling.

He looked so happy. In this moment Hansol didnt want to be selfish, he wanted to congratulate his friend. It must have been so hard for him.

And as much as Hansol loved that Joshua was happy, he still wished that Joshua could be his.

"Please say somthing," Joshua's frail voice rang out in the car, and Hansol was on the spot. He was never good at acting, but he'll make an attempt for Joshua.

"I'm just...wow. I'm proud of you, and Seokmin seems like a nice guy." Hansol smiled before facing the window again.

"He is! Oh he's just...you know." Joshua smiled widely before biting his lip to try to make it stop.

×××

It's been 2 hours since they got to the fair and Hansol was more than ready to go back home.

"Okay, let's leave, we've practically done everything!" Joshua smiled before taking Hansol's hand in his and leading him to where he parked the car a few hours earlier.

Hansol had been thinking, a lot.

He was so fed up with the fact that he cant stop feeling this way about Joshua and it's frustrating.

At least before Hansol figured that he just wasnt into guys, but now Hansol figured there must be somthing wrong with him.

Maybe Hansol should just keep his distance.

Joshua dropped Hansol off, and as soon as Hansol got to the door he turned his phone off.

He didnt want to talk to Josh, it was killing him.

_________________________________

Okay, I havent updated this in forever but I've been having a time

I hope (if anyone has this in their library still) you guys will stick around, I'm trying to be way more active so things like finishing a request like 6+ months later wont happen

Thanks for 800 reads y'all ^-^