SEOKMIN×JOSHUA (PART ONE)

"Wait...you want to marry me?!"

Where king Seokmin dreams about a civilian and fate ensues.

Requested by -vernonminsuga
_____________________

A beautiful man embraces Seokmin as they dance. This ball was important, as a neighboring country had put it on.

The man moved elegantly and looked up at Seokmin, smiling. His black hair slightly falling into his eyes as he did so. He leaned in to whisper somthing in his ear. It was incomprehensible, but his voice was sweet. A memorable voice.

Seokmin felt an indescribable bond to this man, he was infatuated but still at ease around him. At the end of the song the man guides him away...

"Sir! The meeting! Do you remember the meeting?" You're late!" The king's assistant shook him awake,"late! Come on!"

Seokmin shot up, all sense of drowsiness gone.

"What! Why would you let me-"

"I'm kidding, just wanted you to hurry up!" He started to walk away,"oh, and your breakfast will arrive shortly, will that be all?"

"Yes, thank you, Seungkwan." Seokmin groaned, swinging his legs off the side of the bed. He was getting tired of the youngers antics.

"Anything for his royal highness," Seungkwan smiled before shutting the door behind him.

Seokmin sighed, he's been king for a few months and it's been hard. After his father died in mysterious circumstances, he inherited the kingdom. His mother practically disappeared afterwards, so he didnt have much guidance. But, he was doing just fine, if you asked him.

Suddenly he remembered what had him sleeping so peacefully, the dream.

That man was perfection and Seokmin knew he had to find him. That is, if the man in his dream wasnt too good to be true.

He got dressed before Seungkwan appeared with his tea.

"I told you you would go faster!" He chided, leaving as soon as he came.

Seokmin smiled fondly as he left the room. The borderline annoying assistant was a treasured break from all the stuffiness Seokmin had to deal with on the regular.

He still hasnt gotten used to it.

After finishing his tea Seokmin decided to head to the meeting. He had Seungkwan load up the carriage and he was on his way.

Certainly not his first meeting, but what Seokmin considered the most important since he became king.

The horses trotted past the shops, Seokmin staring out of the window with great intensity.

There was a bakery, and through the window Seokmin saw the same man in his dream. It was fate.

"Seungkwan, stop the carriage!" He exclaimed, adrenalin pumping through his veins. He didnt know what to say to the boy, but this was too much of a rare opportunity to give up.

Seungkwan compiled, it seemed urgent.

Seokmin got out of the carriage and walked into the bakery.

What would he say? What could he possibly say to such an enticing man to stand out from the masses?

"Um, hello! Can I get a loaf of lemon bread?"

Smooth.

Seokmin noticed that the man's name tag said Joshua, it seemed fitting for him.

"Yes, of course!" Joshua smiled, and Seokmin thought for sure there was a flirtatious spark behind the man's eyes.

Seokmin payed him and walked out of the door, wishing he could have said more to Joshua.

"You just wanted bread? That's what you were yelling about?" Seungkwan asked, exasperated at the king's actions.

"I...had a dream about the man in there."

"So now you're in love with him?" Seungkwan mused, not impressed at all.

"Well, no. I just think he's interesting, is all."

A few moments pass without sounds from either of the men.

"Okay, maybe I am kind of in love with him." Seokmin admits, flashing a shy smile at his lap,"But what can I do about it?"

"Only you can decide," Seungkwan says, looking straight ahead at the trail in front of him.

"You're just saying that because you dont know, aren't you?" Seokmin wanted to be amused, but he was just nervous. He wanted the man inside of the bakery but didnt know what to do about it. What if he was already to late?

"You should rest, you have a long day ahead of you," Seungkwan answers, avoiding the question completly.

Hours later, Seokmin comes up with a conclusion all on his own while filing papers at his desk. Alone in the candle light, Seokmin let his thoughts stray to Joshua.

"You know what?" Seokmin mutters to himself,"I'm going to start seeing him. I will become friends with Joshua until he is also interested in me."

At the time, Seokmin thought that it was a fool proof plan. But Seokmin was also exhausted from working, so he wasnt thinking to clearly. He didnt know what on earth to say to the man, but he wanted to say somthing.

The next morning went on as usual until Seokmin went back into town to see Joshua. Seokmin figured it would be tricky to leave the castle without a reason, but it turns out that everything was going to work out today. If only he could think of somthing interesting to say to Joshua...

Well, he had a few minutes to figure that out.

Once more Seokmin walked into the bakery, Joshua greets him with a smile.

"Back again today?" Joshua's smile was bright, and Seokmin would love to bask in it forever.

"Yeah, I have trouble staying away from things that I like."

"The bread is that good?" Joshua asked, laughing a bit.

Seokmin thought that he would get a little bit of a hint, but no. Joshua is very dense.

After staying to charm Joshua for a while longer, Seokmin left.

-------------

This will be split into parts, I didnt want to make you wait too long lol