It Couldn't Get Any Worse

Lucy's POV

Oh craaap! Im so done for! I don't have any money for rent! My landlords gonna kill me! I'm too young to die!

I quietly sobbed in my head at my desk in my apartment, well, not for long anymore. My rent was due in less than a week and I have no money to pay for even half of it. Not even a quarter of the rent!

I knew I shouldn't have bought those shoes..and those skirts...and necklaces... But I couldn't resist, they looked so good it should be illegal! What am I going to do?!

Right on que, Natsu caught my attention by waving a mission request paper in my face. "Yo, Luce, wanna go on a mission?" Natsu grinned widely, showing off his fang-like teeth.

I immediately snatched the paper from his hands, scanning my eyes over it. The reward seemed large enough to pay my rent, and it seemed fairly easy, defeat a moster who is eating all of the food in a small village. Seems like its hard, but if you have a dragon slayer with you, its a piece of cake.

Now all I have to do is keep Natsu from destroying everything. Should be simple, I hope.

"Sure, I need the money for my rent." I agreed, then it struck me."Natsu, how are you in my apartment?!" I screeched almost at the top of my lungs. "I came in through the window, duh." Natsu answered like it was the simplest question in the world. I mentally slapped myself, knowing him, the words 'front' and 'door' have no meaning to him.

And so, after a short lecture about opening doors and how they're used, we head to the train station for a short ride to the small town. Of course, Natsu objected but we went anyways.

Like I'm walking all the way there and back, not in these shoes.

After sitting down in a seat, I noticed a missing flying cat."Hey Natsu, wheres Happy?" I asked Natsu, who was looking a faint shade of green and clinging to his stomach. "Wendy asked him to go on a mission with him and Carla.." He grumbled sadly and fell back on the seat in pain eventually falling asleep.

I wish I could help but, I dont have anything to help and Im broke so I can't buy anything to ease his motion sickness. I'm just glad he hasn't found out the worlds moving constantly. He would be sick 24/7....actually that would be kinda funny.

The time passed quickly on the train, the village wasn't that far from Magnolia, but it wasn't a good idea to walk there. There is a forest surrounding the village, the forest is very thick and could take a few days to get through. The nearest trail to the village is by the train station so, why not take the train?

As soon as the train got to a halt, Natsu sprung up cackling and spitting fire now that his suffering is over. He stormed off the train dragging me behind, barley able to collect my things in time as he left the train going in a random direction. I grabbed him pointing him to where we're supposed to go instead of headbutting into a tree. Once in the correct direction, we started our mini journey to look for the village in distress.

............

"WHY IN THE WORLD DID YOU BURN EVERYTHING DOWN?! NOT JUST A HOUSE OR TWO, EVERYTHING! NOW I CAN'T PAY MY RENT!" I fumed, as much as I tried, Natsu burned down the whole entire village. Everything. Nothing was left, he even burned the ashes, ok he didn't burn the ashes but he would have.

"FIRE SPEADS LUCY, I COULD EXPECT YOU TO KNOW THAT! I CAN'T HELP IT IF I BURN A HOUSE OR TWO!" Natsu steamed, literally, as we walked to the station, walking behind of me, glaring daggers in the back of my head.

He's more of an arsonists than a dragon slayer. Its really his falt that we lost our reward, I can't find another reason exept Natsu burning everything including the reward.

"WHY CAN'T YOU JUST CALM YOUR STUPID FLAMES FOR ONCE AND ACCUALLY GET A FULL REWARD INSTEAD OF HALF OR NONE?! OR IS IT TOO HARD NOT TO BURN EVERYTHING IN SIGHT?!" " IF YOU DON'T LIKE HAVING ME BURN EVERYTHING SO MUCH, THEN WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO ON MISSIONS YOUR SELF?!"

That didn't sound much of a bad idea. I could go on missions myself, get the whole reward instead of splitting it and not paying any of it back for damages. Plus I don't have to write an apology letter to anyone for wrecking their things.

"FINE, I WON'T GO ON ANYMORE MISSIONS WITH YOU! NOT LIKE I NEED YOU ANYMORE." We reached the station right as the last train left, leaving us behind in the dust and exhausted from the walk. This was going to be a long walk to Magnolia. A very long silent battle between me and Natsu, seeing who gives in first, which won't be me. I'm never going to make it to Magnolia in time to pay my rent, even if I had the money.

It couldn't get any worse.

It started raining.

............

(Okay thats my first chapter, I hope it was good and you guys liked it . I'll probably put up the next part in a few weeks or sooner. I don't really know what else to say so, thats it. Bye!)