Fantastic

Natsu's POV

Mental fireworks went off in my head after Lucy kissed my back. I couldn't wipe this stupid grin off my face as I looked over to Lucy.

I didn't think she would actually do it! I thought she would hit me or something like that, but this is way better!

Lucy has her head down, trying to hide the hue of reds and pinks on her face as she fiddled with her thumbs. Admittedly, it was adorable, and I don't admit that often. Her cheeks were thoroughly flushed, though a particular spot on her face looked more than the rest.

I spun round to face Lucy and moved in closer to inspect her face. As I moved, she moved away. How am I supposed to see what this is if she won't let me even close enough to see? I reached out my hand to her face and tilted it upwards, making her face me. Now I could see fully that she had a cut against her cheeks, not too bad of a cut but just enough to cause a tiny bit of bleeding.

I turned my head for a second towards the small first aid box and pulled out a small bandaid. After unwrapping the bandaid, I placed it on her cheek as Lucy stared confused at me.

"You had a cut so I put a bandaid on it." Lucy felt her cheek for a moment and nodded. "Thank y-"

Moving in closer before Lucy could protest, I kissed her cheek where her cut was. It took her a few seconds to process what exactly happed when I pulled away, she almost immediately started going red again.

"W-w-what the heck was that f-for?!" Lucy almost screeched, her voice echoed though the cave. "Well, it won't get better until someone kisses it." And with that statement, it left Lucy even more flustered.

After a few minutes of embarrassment for Lucy, she suggested that we should sleep here for the rest of the night. There was no way we could walk through the rain without getting sick or hurt again.

"Um, Lucy? You do realize that we only have one sleeping bag right?"

Lucy stopped rummaging through my bag and spun round,"You only brought one?!" "I didn't think that I would need to bring two, you have your own right? Why didn't you bring yours?" She awkwardly scratched the back of her head and avoided my gase. "Weeelll, I thought this trip wouldn't take long so I only brought a few things.."

Looking over to her bag, it didn't look like there was much in there. Probably some makeup or something like that..

I sighed and got up, setting the sleeping bag down. "You can sleep here, I'll sleep against the wall." Lucy looked over to the cave wall then to me. "No, no, no thats crazy! With that back injury like yours it'll only hurt, you wouldn't get any sleep!" "So, then where do I sleep?" I tilted my head and looked around the cave as Lucy thought intensely.

"You could, uh, sleep with me...?" Lucy suggested, sounding almost like a question.

She's allowing me to sleep with her? Usually she would hit me when I would 'accidentally' sleep in her bed, but now she's fine with me doing this?! Quickly, before she changes her mind, get into that sleeping bag!

I rushed over towards Lucy and pulled her into the sleeping bag with me. "Ok, goodnight!" Wrapping it around us, I pulled Lucy closer to me. "H-hey, not so close!!" She struggled to get out of my grasp. "Too late already asleep." I lied fake snoring right after. "No you aren't! Oh forget it.." She finally realized that I wasn't going to let go and stopped struggling, falling asleep shortly after.

Staying up after Lucy fell asleep, I listened to the rain still continuing to fall, drifting me off into slumber...

So persistent, so calm...

............................

(Hey, hey lovelies! Thanks for reading, I really hoped you liked it. I'm finally on break from school, so be expecting more chapters soon. I had a little help from my friend ANIME_LOVE_LIFE again. I got a bit stuck but she helped, so give her a little thanks too for this chapter. Don't be shy to leave a comment! And thanks again for reading, bye lovelies!)