Great(?)

Lucy's POV

Lightning struck just outside the cave making the ground shake and tremble. I admit, I did squeak as the thunder roared not even seconds later. I wasn't prepared when a mini earthquake rumbled through my body as the earth shook from the lightning. It even shook the cave causing rocks to tumble and fall from the roof.

Immediately Natsu brought me closer to him and covered my field of vision with the sleeping bag. I heard more thunder as the lightning never cease to end. I had no time to mentally react, it all happened in a matter of seconds, my body took control  and curled into a makeshift ball.

--CRACK--

A painful yelp escaped from Natsu as a large piece rubble hit him across his back.

He went limp, his grip around me loosened.

The lightning finally stopped.

I was frozen still trying to process what in the world just happend. My face paled. I uncurled and slowly looked behind me, he was, presumably, unconscious with a painful look on his face. I moved him carefully off my back and into the floor of the cave, he hissed as the ground touched his back.

I sighed in relief, he's awake but how hard did that rock hit him? His face is twisted into an uncomfortable position, his eyebrows are kitted together, he's gritting his teeth awfully hard, his hands are balled into a fist. I could almost feel the pain on my back from the look on his face.

I sat beside him and tried to think of a way I could ease his pain.

What do I do? I can't leave him here like this.. Why did he have to protect me? After I said all those things, and I said I wouldn't go on any missions with him, he had to protect me.

I felt my heart sink as I thought back to what I've done today, I felt the guilt wash over me.

I looked over to Natsu shakily breathing and occasionally hissing words under his breath, it was almost silent this whole time only with the steady beat of rain making soft noise through the cave.

He's like this because of me, because he protected me. If I would have not have argued with him about that stupid rent, we would have made it on the train and out of this situation....

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry this happened, all of this happened because I argured with you about my rent. We would have made it on the train if I wouldn't have said anything."

I looked at him again, his eyes were slightly open, pain still written everywhere on his face."But I burned everything.. all of you're rent is gone because of me.." He choked out apologetically, tears welt up in my eyes. I felt a twinge of anger spark in heart, then it started to spread like a wild fire.

"I don't care about my rent, I care about you getting hurt because of me. You protected me and you wouldn't have to if we weren't here. I shouldn't have argued with you about the money. I know you're a Fire Dragon Slayer, and they make fire, you can't change that so I shouldn't have been so hard on you about it."

"But all I do is destroy.. Fire burns and destroys..." Hoarsly Natsu objected and seemed to glared at himself.

My eyes shot open right at him, stating at him in disbelief. He acts so lighthearted, this is not like him to think so negatively.

"No it does not!" I grabbed his hand."Fire does not only destroy, its warmth! Its heat! Everything needs warmth to live, survive! When I was freezing because of the rain, you gave me your warmth, if you hadn't I could still be freezing and would have been horribly sick right now!"