Prologue

"Mika. Psst... Mika! Hmmmm wake up big brother! Mika!" I whispers to my sleeping big brother.

"Hmmm. Uhh Hirumi? What's wrong? Did something happens?" He asks as I get off of his new and he rubs his eight year old eyes.

"No. I just wanna go to the park today! And take the family! We're all waiting. I even got Yuu to come!" I say.

"Oh, ok the. Let's go!" He says as he gets out of bed and goes to the bathroom.

I stay on my brothers bed and wait. I'm actually pretty shy and rarely talk to anyone but Mika and Yuu. Yuu is like my second brother even though he can be a bit of a jerk. Mika is 8 years old and the others are roughly the same. I am 8 too but only two days after Mika. My birthday is May 3rd and my his birthday is May 1st. I was born a year after him though.

He finally comes out of the bathroom in white and blue coat with gloves, brown/ grey pants and a scarf. We go down stairs and I grab my green coat and pink gloves and scarf and but on my knee high boots. We go outside and I walk next to Mika. We get to the park and while everyone else has ice cream, me, Yuu and Mika are getting ours.

Just as the vendor is about to get our ice cream, he starts coughing. He doubles over and starts throwing up blood.

"Brother Mika! Brother Yuu! Sister Rumi! What's going on?!" They ask.

" I don't know. But we need to go back," he says and he takes one kid on his back, piggy back style and I stay close to Yuu.

We run through dark ally ways as the sky turned dark. We here the sound of a plane getting closer as we run. Behind us, a mile or so away, there's an explosion. There's fire and dibree. We take backstreets and ally ways to finally get home.

As we reach the gates. We hear the voice of a woman on a PA system.

"Your attention please. A deadly virus has been unleashed to punish humanity for it's foolishness. There is no cure. Your last night is upon you." She says as we run up the stairs to find the director of the orphanage lying in the cold, hard ground.

"Mika. I don't think she's breathing,: I say as he sits down next to her with me.

"Keep them over there Yuu. Director can you hear me?" he says. We hear voices outside and I cure up to my brother.

"Mika. I'm scared," I say.

"However we have choose to spare the young. This virus will not affect anyone thirteen or younger. The direct unit of the third progenitor, Krul Tepish is currently collecting the children of this city.  From this day forth you shall be under our protection," she says.

We hear footsteps coming towards us. I curl up further against my brother. He hugs me close as men with fangs in black cloaks appear at the door and  Windows. They break the  glass and walk through the door.

The next thing I know is that we are in trucks. We are huddled together as Mika has one other kid by his side and I'm at his other one. Yuu sits next to me.

"Mika. I'm scared. I don't wanna die. I wanna live with you Mika. I don't want them to come back,"

"They won't come back. Ok. They're gone. We're safe. It's alright,"

"No it's not. What if they kill us? What if we can't be a family anymore! It's scary. Right Yuu!"

"It seems pretty bad, but it won't last forever. We need to stick together. Besides, like hell anyone is going to separate us Rumi!" he says.

 "See. Don't even focus on 'then' or 'later'. Focus on the 'now'. I've got you now. We're in this together." he says. I still whimper.

"Hey, remember that movie we watched. Ohana means family and family means no one gets left behind or forgotten. I've got you. I'm not leaving you behind and neither is Yuu. So it's ok you're ok. Can you be my brave little sister for me?"