ONE

CHAPTER ONE | HOMEWORK AND DISTRACTIONS

__________

the highest function of love is that it makes the loved one a unique and irreplaceable being.

-jitterbug perfume // tom robbins

__________

The week had been long and Bella Parsons was thankful that it was Friday. Long days and long play rehearsals and lengthy homework assignments were taking their toll. So, instead of going out and seeing a movie, Bella was doing AP US History work. No work was getting done, though, really, as she was talking to Liz via FaceTime. Liz was saying something about her new Academic Decathlon team and how they were good, but not as good as the old one.

Just as she was about to answer, there was a quiet tapping noise on her window. When she looked up, she saw none other than Spiderman staring at her from behind the glass. Hiding back a grin, Bella glanced down at her phone screen.

"I gotta go, Liz," Bella said, swiping her tongue over her bottom lip. "I'll call you tomorrow night, yeah?"

"You're not gonna let me finish my story?" Liz complained.

"Ah," Bella hesitated, "duty calls. There's a robbery on 24th. You know the drill, baby."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Liz said dramatically, waving her hand around.

"Byeeee," Bella sang out quietly. "Love you, kid."

When Liz hung up, Bella tossed her phone to the side and jumped up. As soon as she unlocked the window, Peter Parker was tumbling onto her floor and ripping the red mask from his face.

"Hey, hot-stuff," Bella grinned, running her hand through his fluffy hair. "While I don't mind the visit, I told you I had homework to do."

"I just missed you," Peter said, standing up and poking Bella's shoulder. "I'll be quiet until you finish."

Bella eyed him suspiciously but nodded. She moved back over to her bed and flopped down, crossing her legs. Keeping an eye on Peter, she grabbed her history textbook and flipped back to the page she had been on before Liz called and Peter knocked on her window. As she started to read, she heard the familiar woosh of Peter's suit falling from his body. She snapped her head up and her eyes went wide when she saw him standing in the middle of her room in nothing but his underwear.

"Peter," she hissed, throwing one of her pillows at him as he pulled on a pair of sweatpants. "Stop distracting me."

"Oh, am I?" he asked with a wild grin, shimmying his shoulders.

Bella watched carefully as he made his way over. Within seconds his hands were pressed into the mattress on either side of her. Then, his lips were touching her neck. Sucking in a sharp breath, Bella's grip tightened on her highlighter.