TWENTY EIGHT

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT | TEST RUN 

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT | TEST RUN 

__________

zeus smirks, high and mighty and cutting, and asks: what would you give? / and atlas, arms trembling and shoulders shaking, thinks: what haven't i given already?

-in the end sacrifice means nothing // unknown

__________

"Flash."

It was late, too late for Bella to be teleporting herself into her friend's apartment, but she was too deep in her emotions to think much about her actions. He jolted up from his bed with a panicked shout. When he turned the light on and saw that it was only her, he groaned loudly and pressed his back to the headboard.

"Bella, how many times have I told you to call before you do that?"

"Sorry," she said, as quick as a blink and not really sure if she meant it or not. "I just— I needed to give you these."

She held up two letters, frowning down at her still half-asleep friend. Each letter had a name scrolled across the front, and she prayed they would never need to be opened.

"What are they?" Flash asked, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Letters," Bella said plainly. "I'm about to do something, and I think it might get me killed."

Eyes furrowed, Flash looked down at the letters on his lap. "What, no goodbye letter for me?"

His voice was light and nonchalant, but Bella could hear the heaviness creeping up his throat. It was the same heaviness she carried in her own throat. She hoped his eyes were stinging as much as hers were.

"No," she said thickly. "You get it in person."

Flash looked back up at her and ran a hand over his face. He hadn't shaved in a couple days and there was a light stubble working around his mouth and chin. Last year, he'd donned a mustache for a couple months. He'd looked ridiculous, but, now, Bella kind of missed it.

"What are you about to do, Bella?"

"I'm gonna bring everyone back, Flash," she said. "Or, I'm gonna die trying, at the very least. I just— I can't tell May. I can't tell her what I'm about to do. She would try to convince me not to, and I think it would work."

She knew May. May wouldn't want her to risk her life for this. But Bella didn't see how she really had a choice, not when she knew it was possible to get everyone back and practically reverse the effects of what happened.

The second letter was for Joey. Bella knew that if she died, there was a good chance Steve would be dead too. She needed Joey to have something of her, some kind of tangible memory to keep her with him as he grew up. She loved him too much for him to think she died without giving him anything. She needed Flash to give Joey the letter if anything happened to them.

2 | FREE FALLING ( Peter Parker )जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें