Chapter 5: His former fiancée

He bit his lip, trying to ignore the coldness of the dark prison cell he had been roughly thrown into. They didn't bother to escort him properly but instead, they literally threw him in the cell, slamming his wounds on the cold, hard floor.

We shall see what his twelve big brothers think of his behavior.

The scenario and the french dignitary's words came flooding back, drowning him in a whole ocean of regret. The wound that it left is still there, it will always be there to pound him with pain he never knew existed. Out of desperation, he looked around the eerie room, the old bed, the thin blanket, and the small window at the side, hoping to entertain his mind off of the dark abyss he knew he fell into.

It's too much, too painful to remember even for him who was considered as a frozen-hearted man. Only did he began to appreciate the sun's light when the darkness of the cells he had been in, wrapped him up in a thick blanket of grief, suffocating him to near death.

He is human despite how evil and wicked everyone - including himself - thinks he is.

Other than the echoes of some ruckus made by the other prisoners, everything was calm and quiet enough for him to hear the clacking of someone's heels, getting louder at each step. It felt like an old, broken record, going on and on up until it suddenly stopped right in front of his cell.

It took a moment but eventually, the huge metal door clicked unlock and opened which revealed the princess' freckled face, ire bursting out of her eyes but he didn't bother to move an inch to greet her. Behind her were a few guards who stared at him pitifully, the kind of look he was used to but never loved.

"Good day." Anna saw rage forming in his eyes because of her words thus making her grin wickedly in delight. "What's so good about the day?" he asked sarcastically. Instead of glaring at her like he wanted to do, he kept still and focused his gaze on his filthy hands, silently cursing her under his breath. It took a moment for her to answer as if she's reconsidering every possible response until she finally decided.

"You locked up." Anna stated quite frankly, obviously not intending to play any childish games with him - especially the break the princess' heart game. With a sigh, Hans finally turned to look at her; his venomous green eyes connecting to hers as if to intimidate. They never broke their glares up until Hans spoke, "Glad it made your day, princess." he said vilely, increasing Anna's ire to the extent that she clenched her fist, more than willing to smack his face until he is no longer recognizable.

She kept her glare as she stomped her foot loudly against the floor to get to him. Thud, thud, thud. The guards kept a close eye on both of them, waiting for the show that was going to be held by Anna with Hans being the trash she's going to take out - metaphorically speaking, that is.

"Look, you little rascal!" Anna growled as she grabbed his lapels tightly and pulled him closer to her, slamming his rigid body against the rusty iron bars that served as a small divider between both of them. In spite of that, she ignored his pain and grabbed his top tighter, moving her face an inch closer to his.

"If I were Elsa, you'd be six feet below the ground by now." The words escaped her lips naturally like sighs but then a guard tried to step in, reminding Anna that Elsa would not like it if she's that close to Hans. Albeit still bubbling with rage, Anna turned to the man and spoke, "Please go tell Elsa not to worry about me. I got this."

With that, the man left as Anna turned her full attention back to Hans - specifically, his face which is slightly squished because of the bars. With his powerful hands, he broke free from her grip and took a few steps back, just enough to avoid being painfully slammed against the bars again. "If you were Elsa. Too bad you are not and will never be her."