3- Get Lost

"Hey, can I give them a little talk before they go back out?" I asked Alex. He nodded and I grinned. "Great."

After we got the third out, the boys came running in and grabbing their batting gloves and bats. "Hey! Alex said I can say something!" I yelled, grinning when most of them looked over at me. "Don't be stupid, please. No one needs to get in trouble tonight," I told them.

The benches already cleared once, they didn't need to again.

They each looked at each other, then back at me. "I'm talking to all of you. I know how you hot heads are. Just don't get into a fight, simple enough, right?" I asked. They each nodded and I smiled and walked over to Andrew.

"I don't have to worry about you, right?" I asked him.

He looked down at me and raised his eyebrows. "Don't give me that look. Promise me you won't get involved if anything happens," I told him, making him scoff.

He looked up, then back down at me. "I won't hit anyone unless they hit me. But I'm going to get involved and get those idiots off my friends," he told me. I rolled my eyes but nodded.

"Fine. But seriously, no fighting if not necessary," I told him again.

Top of the seventh, one out, Joe has 6 pitches with one out, and Tyler Austin was up to bat with one ball and one strike. I started getting nervous when Joe threw a pitch that was really close to Tyler Austin, knowing he'd be willing to start another fight.

My eyes widened when Joe hit him and I gripped the bar in front of me. Austin started running at Joe and I jumped up, but Chris Sale held me down.

"Get off me! My brothers in there!" I yelled at him as Alex ran out the same time Andrew was running into the group.

I shoved Chris's hands off of me and jumped over the rail, finding Andrew and grabbing his jersey. He spun around, his eyes going wide when he saw me. "What the hell are you doing?!" He yelled. "Listen to me! You're going to go in there, get one of the bigger hotheads, and get him the hell out, okay?" I told him.

He grinned and shook his head. "Get your ass back in the dugout," he told me, shoving through the guys and grabbing X, who was arguing with a Yankees player.

I walked over to the dugout, leaning against the railing.

A minute later, most of the guys were over at our dugout while the Yankee players were walking back to theirs.

I was standing next to Joe and Eduardo Rodriguez, who was standing in front of him. "What the hell were you thinking?" I asked him, throwing my arms in the air.

He shook his head and leaned back, still looking at the lingering players and coaches. "I didn't do it on purpose. It got away, I didn't mean to," he said and I sighed.

I let out a breath and looked over at the Yankees dugout.

Aaron was looking over here, and we made eye contact.

He looked pissed, not that I could blame him. He bit his lip and winked at me. I raised my eyebrows and smiled, shaking my head. He smiled and turned, getting a drink. I went back over the rail, sitting back down and putting my arms on the rail.

I looked back over at their dugout and met Aaron's eyes again.

'Get lost' he mouthed.

I grinned, looking down at my lap and shaking my head.

-

"I'm gonna go to the bus, okay?" I told Andrew, grabbing my bag. Him, X, and Mookie quickly looked up at me.