5- iHop

Aaron ordered a cheese pizza for me, because I'm picky, and a hamburger pizza for him. 

We talked a little while eating but focused mostly on the TV. 

He learned that I have an insane best friend who, sadly, likes to play matchmaker when I'm not even in Boston. I talked a lot about Alyssa. Like how she started college at twenty-four instead of going right after high school, and that's how she sets me up with guys. 

He told me I should tell Brad, the guy I'm going on a date with tomorrow, that I just had dinner with Aaron Judge and he should feel very threatened. 

I learned that he just got out of a relationship with Jen Flaum, who just graduated from Michigan State. I also learned that he can eat four pieces of pizza in five minutes. I could barely get two.

"I should get you back to the hotel," he said, checking the time. 

I looked at my phone and saw that I only had an hour before we were getting on the bus and going to the airport. "Yeah, I still need to make sure I have all my stuff together," I agreed. 

He closed both of the pizza boxes and went to put them away while I checked my messages. 

Alyssa texted me Brad's number and told me he already had mine and he'd text me some time tonight or in the morning. 

I rolled my eyes and looked at Andrew's text. 

Drew Drew: Change of plans, we're leaving in forty-five minutes, so walk your ass back here quick.

Shit. 

Aaron walked back in and I stood up quickly. "I don't wanna rush, but I kind of need to rush. I have fifteen minutes less to get to the hotel and get myself together," I told him. 

He nodded and grabbed his keys, walking out beside me. "Let's go, then," he said.

He put his hand on my lower back and we got to the car, both going to our sides. He could be chivalrous next time we see each other. 

"I had fun tonight," he said, pulling out of the driveway. 

"I did, too. Maybe we can do it again when we're here next month," I said, relaxing in my seat. 

I looked over at Aaron and saw him smiling a little, one hand on the wheel and his other on his leg. 

"I hope we do," he said and I held back a grin. 

And hopefully, I'll be better at time management next month. 

Aaron only lived ten minutes from the hotel we were staying at, so we got there pretty quick. We didn't talk much, but it was a comfortable silence. At one point, his hand ended up on my knee. 

"I don't want to sound rude or anything, but can you drop me off down the street from the hotel? If the bus is already there, then some of the guys are probably already out there and I really don't need this to be an awkward bus and plane ride," I asked, closing my eyes when I realized how ridiculous I sound. 

I'm a twenty-five-year-old woman, hiding a man from my younger brother so he wouldn't get mad at me. I sound like a fourteen-year-old girl hiding a crush from her parents. 

"That sounds so stupid, I'm sorry," I sighed, putting my hands over my face. 

He chuckled and squeezed my knee, stopping at the end of the street. "Don't worry, it's okay. Maybe next time I can walk you to the door at least," he said and I looked over at him, smiling. 

"You're too sweet. Thank you for tonight, Aaron," I told him, leaning over and kissing his cheek. "You're always welcome at my house,"  he said and I grinned.