EIM PART 1- Chapter 16: A Reason To Leave

Mia POV

After all the drama that happened, my mate and I left the courtroom. He led me to the kitchen. What you want to eat. My mate asked. I smiled and replied. Mr. Noodles? I questioned. He smirked and went to a two-door cabinet and pulled out four packs of Mr. Noodles. I giggled, but the thought of not knowing his name was like a constant itch to me now. What's your name? I blurt out. He slipped a chuckle. Yes, it must be aggravating, not to know. I nod my head, and he smirked at me. It's Gerard Solais.

After he is all done cooking it up, he makes his bowl. Steaming noodles were being lifted and placed into his bowl. I was waiting for him to finish. So, I could make mine. That's how it works the alpha eats, then his mate, and then the rest of the pack can eat. In this case, it's just me and him, but to my surprise, he passes me the bowl. He winks at me as I stair shocked. What's wrong? He questioned. Nothing. I smiled as I we walked to the table.

Usually, the alpha only lets his mate eat first if she is pregnant or he is showing his love. He placed my bowl to the left of him. This is where Jannette claimed to sit. I stared at the seat and accidently slipped a growl. Xenas anger was radiating off me rapidly. Sit. Eat. His hand gestor to my spot. I snap out of my thoughts and smile at my handsome mate, and take my seat. I sit tall and proud and start to eat. It is so good he made it just the way I like with just the noodles and spice no watery broth.

When finished, I asked him when we were going to start building the fighting area. Tomorrow morning, for sure." Not knowing how to approach the subject of Jannette, I choose to ask him if he can make some changes. I see how you have the positions set up for your pack. Can other wolves challenge for position? I ask in a professional way. No, why would I do that? They can challenge me thats it. He responded bitterly. Wow, not how I work, mister. Hmm well what if we can all be challenged that way if So, me of your bitter she wolves want my position they can fight me like a proper she wolf and not a sneaky whore. Gerard glares at me like he is in deep thought. I dont know were your getting at, but I dont have time for this I have to go do my paperwork. If you need me, I will be in my office."

I start to clean up after Gerard left. I put the dishes in the sink and start cleaning. I wipe down the counters and table. I dry the dishes and put them back. I place the rag on the sink counter and stare at the cleaned kitchen in deep though. I keep thinking of how rude I was with my mate. Xena is being anxious and pacing everywhere. Oh, goddess give me courage to talk to him. I start to head to my room but as I pass the hall that leads to his office, I have an inkling feeling to apologise to him.

I was about to knock when I heard the wicked witches voice. I peeked in the open crack and saw her dressed in just a light pink dress. I might have liked it if it wasn't on her. Childish, I know. Oh, please, baby. I know you love me. I hate how you're doing this. Just tell her that you dont want to be with a stupid weak wolf. I hear a little growl. "You will not talk about my mate like that. Do you hear me? Gerard forces thru gritted teeth." " Yes, alpha. I just dont want to share you. I will if I have to, but I'd rather you be mine." She placed her hand on his chest and rubbed it to calm him down. This is messed up. I should be the only one aloud to touch him like that. She starts to rub lower, and he grabs her wrist. I can't do that to my mate. She let out a pout, looking ridicules. She started to place little pepper kisses on his neck, and he didn't even push her away.

I slam his door open. The one line I know was going to come next, did. "I sware I didn't touch her." He rushed, looking angry at Jannette. You didn't have to. I can see you didn't want it to stop. Im your mate not this bitch. I should be the only one to touch you like that." She let a little growl out, and as she was about to say Something, I lunged at her, and she fell to the ground before I could hit her. Gerard held me back. "That's enough. Mia, get to your room and relax for a bit." He spoke to me like a child. Is he for real right now? Not going to happen this slut cant be trusted around you alone obviously. I growled out. Xena was on edge of coming out if he even told me know I couldnt hold her back. Just leave Jannette, I will discuss this later. She winked at him and walked out slowly. I growled and she hurried out. I snorted and face my angry mate. He just looked at me like he was dismissing me, and I should know it was my turn to leave. How dare he be mad at me.