~ the beginning ~

for almost two years, maria has done everything in her power to leave narnia behind, to forget him, to create a life in her own world. she works for a kind elite on an estate far from the lake of her childhood. and just as she is given a real chance to move on, maria is washed up on the beach once more.

now, with narnia under telmarine rule and her family long gone, maria is forced to choose where her loyalties lie; with the true heir to the narnian throne, or with the high king who she thought she would never see again. suddenly risking her life for her beloved country isn't the hardest thing she has to do.

𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫

~ ages implied by the films will be used for the benefit of the romantic side plot and character maturity levels.

~ elements from both the film and book will be incorporated as a base for this fanfiction.

~ this fanfiction is purely for entertainment value, to improve writing style in the fantasy genre and descriptive technique.

~ i created maria/nimueh in order to explore the emotional impact that journeys to and from narnia can have on a person, as i have seen posts exploring how the pevensies would have felt upon returning to england, and wanted to go into more depth.

~ maria konstaninova is pronounced MAR-ree-yuh (as opposed to the more common pronunciation ma-REE-ah) con-stan-tee-NOH-vuh.

~ nimueh firesong is pronounced nim-way fire-song.

~ the chronicles of narnia series is owned by c.s. lewis and the walt disney company. i own nothing, except maria/nimueh and other characters that do not appear in the novels.

all writing updates are posted on my instagram - @ opheliabennet