Chapter Five

Howard took the "scientists" and "mechanics"away, deep into the science zone and all the tools. The suits were taken away to be repaired, and their owners went with. For the people she had left, she wanted to see what they had. While the rooms and food were being prepared, she watched the rest of the Avengers interact with one another. Outwardly kind to her, stares did fall on her from some people in the group. She bit the inside of her mouth and drew her attention back to Clint.

"You don't happen to have any arrows?" he wondered. "I can fight hand to hand combat, but I do like arrows." Clint had a few arrows left, which he shined after having explained the interesting features about each of them, one of which was a boomerang arrow.

"I'll ask Howard," she answered, eyeing Bucky fight T'Challa in hand-to-hand combat. "The arrows won't be as... mechanical." If anything, the arrows were going to be wooden. Taking a deep breath, she yelled, "I realize you're tired, but is this the best that you have?" Before walking into the arena, Maria shed her weapons. "Send your best fighter."

All eyes fell onto Natasha, who released her own weapons and stepped into the boxing ring. Both Black Widow and Maria Stark knew full well that when in an actual fight, weapons and space were necessary and abundant. In the fight with Thanos, both knew guns were necessary; without weapons, these two agents were dead. However, as Maria had watched the Avengers, she realized they relied too heavily on their weapons here, weapons that were too technology capable, and if those weapons ran out of energy, these agents would've been left powerless.

"Agent Barton, you have the honor," Maria motioned.

The agents stood opposite of each other with different thoughts running through their heads. For Maria Stark, who had never seen Black Widow fight, she analyzed how Natasha stood. Romanoff, a Russian last name, Maria inferred, which led her mind to remember what the Soviet Union did to little, pretty girls. This woman was beyond dangerous in her mind.

On the other hand, Natasha had seen Maria fight and take down Winter Soldier, a monster with a calibrated mind. The final blow, while not fatal, had been made with swords, but her silver bracelets laid on the ground beside her two holstered guns. Yet, Natasha remembered how quickly Maria moved her legs, and the hope was to stay out of their way. Maria's weapon spot had to be her torso and arms. Without the swords, Natasha had to aim there. The questions, too, was how to get there. Natasha stood at least six inches shorter than Maria Stark, which proved height did come from the father side for Tony Stark.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I bring the fight of the year-- because in honesty, I don't know what year it is-- between Black Widow and a Stark. Never thought I would say," he muttered under his breath. "On your marks, get ready, set, go!" He tossed a towel into the air.

Neither of the woman moved, both watching each other like hawks and prey. Natasha was in a defensive position while Maria stood like bored of waiting. If they both chose to move, it was going to be a fight, yet the women were better at staring each other down.

"Are either of them going to move?" Wanda asked, watching them.

"I believe that is how fighting works," Vision responded.

"C'mon Nat! Beat her already," Clint called.

Stark was not pushed by the words, which made Black Widow go into action. Remembering to watch the long legs of her opponent, Natasha dodged the first blow that came as Maria whipped around and kicked her leg out. Bring her fist up, she tried to knock Stark in the face. While the blow landed in Maria's shoulder, she kicked out her other leg to land Natasha in the legs, taking them out from under her. Maria towered above and brought her foot down as Natasha rolled out of the way, propelling herself on the floor to jolt Maria to the floor. Hopping up, Romanoff brought her hand to wipe across Maria's face, but Maria, with her long legs, kicked Natasha back in the stomach.