Part 12

"How about this pair?" Harrison said holding up a pair of jeans. "No they are old looking" I replied. "These?" Tom said holding up a baby blue pair. "No, it might be a girl" I replied still looking. "Jesus Y/n! Just pick a pair and try them on! We've been here for half an hour and every pair we have shown you, you have dismissed!" Harrison said annoyed. "Sorry" I said with sarcasm. "I'll try the blue pair" I said taking them from Tom.

"Mmmm, they are okay. Not the most comfortable though as I can't breathe in them" I said looking in the mirror at every angle. I kept stretching them. "Shall I get the next size?" Harrison asked from outside the room I was in. I walked out and showed them."What do you think?" I asked. "They look lovely" Tom said. "But I do think the next size might be better" Harrison said getting up and walking out. I went back to get changed when my phone started ringing. "Hello" I answered. "Hello, is this Miss Y/n Osterfield?" A woman said down the phone. "Yes it is. May I ask who is asking?" I replied. "Of course. My name is Ruth and I am your midwife" she replied with enthusiasm. "Oh, is everything okay?" I asked as my heart dropped. I heard Harrison come back in. "Yes, yes everything is perfect. I was wondering if we could meet so we can get to know each other more and we can go over your plans for the birth" Ruth said. "Um yeah sure. I'm free tomorrow" I said walking out to grab the jeans off of Harrison. "Great! We could meet at the Italian restaurant in the town? Around 12?" She asked. "See you then" I said. "Bye!" Then she cut off. "Who was that?" Harrison asked. "Ruth, my midwife. We are meeting tomorrow" I said changing into the jeans. They were so much more comfortable and I could actually breathe in them! "Much better" I muttered to myself. "Can you go and buy these for me please so I can wear them now please? I said as I chucked them over the curtain. "Of course" I heard Tom say. "Thank you!" I said sitting down. I looked down and placed my hand on my belly. "I love you" I whispered.

As we were walking back to the car, paparazzi came running up to us. "Y/n y/n, is it true you're pregnant?" "Y/n y/n, how many months are you?" "Who is the father?". How did they find out? I hadn't told the world yet as I wanted to keep it a secret for as long as possible and to enjoy the pregnancy instead of being papped every time I was out. Cameras were flashing everywhere. "Haz, how do they know?" I turned to him with tears in my eyes. "I don't know but let's get you out of here" he said grabbing my arm and we pushed our way through the crowd. Tom was in front of us making sure no one could get to me and ask more questions. When we were past the paparazzi, I let go of Harrison and ran to the car. As I reached the car, I leant my forehead against the door. "No this cannot be happening" I cried. Tom came and pulled me into a hug. "It will be okay. We will make sure of it" he said while kissing my head. "What! We are on our way!" Harrison said while running to us. "What, what's wrong?" I said panicking. "That was Sam. Your pregnancy is all over the internet and newspapers. Especially the Australian newspapers" he said getting angrier. "But...oh my god. Mum and Dad" I started crying again while Tom hugged me tighter.