Too Close (Fluff)

"So, Tamaki... We have the same calculus homework tonight, right?" Kyoya asked his blonde friend as he closed his locker. It was after school on a Friday, the day that math teachers always gave out the most homework. Tamaki absolutely hated calculus, so when he heard Kyoya -- who's a total math whiz -- ask if Tamaki had the same homework, Tamaki nodded frantically. "Yeah, we do! Do you want to come over and work on it together? You could spend the night if you want to. I'm sure my father will be okay with it if we promise to keep it down."

Kyoya nodded at the idea. He knew Tamaki just wanted him to do all the work, but he was fine with that. Math was one of his favorite subjects. "Okay, I'll come over. But we're taking your car. Mine is currently being waxed, and it can't be in the sunlight until it dries, anyways." Kyoya picked up his bag and started walking down the hallway to the academy's exit with his friend at his side.

Once they were in Tamaki's personal car (which he wasn't driving, he had a chauffeur for that), the two boys talked about regular things. Their classes, the host club, and Haruhi were all some subjects that they spoke about together. Everything was fine and dandy until there was a loud screech outside the right side of the car.

Tamaki glanced out the window, his blue-violet eyes going wide. The car spun as the chauffeur slammed on the brakes, and Tamaki and Kyoya had no idea what was really going on until the car finally came to a complete stop. By that time, Tamaki had his arms wrapped around Kyoya's waist in terror, and Kyoya was holding onto Tamaki with just as much panic in his onyx eyes.

The car had almost been hit. T-boned, to be exact. Outside, there was a red car sitting in the middle of the road with smoking wheels. Luckily, the car hadn't hit Tamaki's, but Tamaki was still scared out of his whits. He and Kyoya could have been killed.

After a while of being in shock, Tamaki finally let go of Kyoya and got back into his seat, because they were both of the floor of the car. "Did that really just happen?" He asked quietly. Kyoya nodded and got into his seat as well. "Yes... We could have been killed, Tamaki." Kyoya had a serious tone in his voice, and he rolled down his window, looking around outside. "The police are already here. They'll handle this. We should go. Thankfully we're all alright, and the car is okay."

Before long, Tamaki and Kyoya were at Tamaki's home. After having a long talk with Mr. Suoh, the boys went to Tamaki's room. Neither of them were in the mood for doing homework. "Tamaki..." Kyoya began as he sat down in Tamaki's desk chair. "We really almost died." He said, sighing. "I know." Tamaki replied. He sat down on his bed. "That... That kind of made me realize something. Kyoya, we aren't going to live forever. So I have to tell you this now." Looking away, Tamaki bit down on his lip. "I love you."

Kyoya hesitated for a moment, not expecting Tamaki to say something so open. "Tamaki, I.. I love you too. I'm so glad we're alright. I would never have been able to tell you how I feel if we had died." He stood up and went over to Tamaki, sitting down next to him. "Let's be a couple, okay?" With that, their lips collided, and Tamaki smiled against Kyoya's mouth. They were safe and sound in each others arms.

Just the way he liked it.