PINK SOCKS

SNAP.

I turned the Polaroid camera towards me, catching the photo of Harry roll out. I waved the photo in the air, trying to make the colors appear out faster in the photo.

"Taking pictures of me'h, eh?" Harry asked as he started to walk towards me.

"How can't I?" I asked back. "One of my best friend just became a Gucci model. Nice pink socks"

I pointed my camera down at his feet. SNAP! I heard the camera make its sound as I took a picture of his pink socks. I caught the photo that rolled out of the camera.

"Don't hate on the socks" Harry said, joking with me.

"I wasn't" I stated. "Pink is my favorite color"

"Only true rock and roll colo'ur" Harry commented.

"I can tell. Your pink phone case gives it away" I said pointing out his phone that he had in his hand.

I looked at his pink socks in the photo. He did look good in them. Actually, he looks good in about anything. That what happens when people get crushes. They idolize whatever their crushes do, just as how I'm fascinated with Harry's pink socks.

To clarify, Harry knows nothing about my crush on him. How could I? We're only friends and soon to be former colleagues that had a few long chats then and there but that's it. I knew I wasn't nothing more to him than that. Besides this wasn't a romance movie. A superstar like him  doesn't go for a photographer like me. He goes for those super skinny actresses and models. I was nothing compared to him. I was probably nothing compared to him either.

"Yeh coming to the party?" Harry asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"How can't I?" I asked, smiling. "It's the last time I'll see you before you go on tour again"

"Hey, I offered yeh to come" Harry defended.

I did want to go yet knowing myself, I would either be so awkward or go into a meltdown around him. I decided it would be better to let distance do its work. That is what I hope will happen. For me to get over my crush on him while he's away on tour.

"I know, H. But some of us don't have a job of performing in a new city each night" I lied, taking a jab at him.

"Who said about performing?" Harry asked, smirking.

"You know what I mean" I said.

Jeff walked over, interrupting my conversation with Harry.

"H, everyone's ready" Jeff said to him.

"Ill be on the sidelines" I said, holding up my camera.

"Get my good side, eh?" Harry asked me.

"I'll try my best, H" I smiled at him.

I walked away and chose to stand far back from all the filming cameras. This is where I'll always stand to Harry, literally and metaphorically. Someone in back, not worthy of his attention or time. This is how it's always be between us. Especially at his party.