Four - Serpent

Day 4

Day 4.
🈶

Taehyung laid on the thin mattress that shrieked under his weight, his eyes following the trail of cracks decorating the ceiling like vines, all leading up to a bulb that limply hung, dim and flickering with age.

His mind solely rendered devastation, Taehyung was desperate to find his brother to restore some sort of comfort and protection over the younger, Taehyung was reckless and he knew it very well, he needed someone familiar. The number he had dialled earlier piled distress onto his agonised heart as there was no answer.

The hotel room reeked of cheap detergent, it was a gaudy room with archaic furniture and unevenly hung paintings, it was so old and dull that Taehyung found himself feeling sleepy just staring at the room.

A plain sigh left his lips as he tugged the thin bed sheet over his lithe body; a substitute for the absent blanket.

Enclosure, his eyes gently fluttered shut as sleep weighed upon his eyelids, allowing his mind to get the rest he desperately craved for.

Dark.
A faint noise -- rather a whistle penetrates Taehyung's sordid reverie, causing his eyebrows to softly twitch.

It harks louder and louder and louder, the tune so recognisable it causes Taehyung's eyes to widen inhumanly fast, his heart aggressively picking up pace and knocking at his ribcage like a caged canary, craving freedom.

The Kill bill whistle.

The sinister melody causes Taehyung to bury his body deeper, drowning himself in the thin material in hopes of the tenuous sheet to act as a shield and provide protection.

A white flash engulfs the small hotel room for a brief moment, followed by thunder howling as if it were a warning from the sky.

Taehyung slowly rose, the bedsheets falling from his shoulders and curling around his waist delicately.

The main door creaked open and as if on cue another flash rips through the inky night sky making the silhouette at the door familiar.

Jungkook.

He stood tall with an animalistic grin on his face, eyes exceptionally wide, satisfaction froze within his glowing red pupils as his hands curled around the handle of a butcher knife - so perfectly it was as if his hands were made for that cunning knife.

Another flash.

The lightning blanketed everything like a camera flash and revealed the viscous liquid adorning his hands and painting his clothes, so red and brutal it seized Taehyung's breathing.

"We won't have to pay for the hotel room, Kim!" His sinister smirk grew wider.

Taehyung stared in absolute horror, his hand covering his mouth as he backed away until his back hit the cold wall. His voice had been stifled by some unexplainable barrier.

Jungkook took a step closer and closer, his body dangerously swaying as if he were under the influence of alcohol. His laugh gurgling in his throat like phlegm, making Taehyung conjure his voice to return, a scream echoed amidst the horror and it sounded like a sweet melody to Jungkook.

°

...Until Taehyung's body jolted up from his bed in cold sweat.

Birds whistling.

His breathing was uneven and ragged as the morning greeted him sweetly with golden sunlight penetrating past the dusty curtains.

Taehyung looked beside him on the floor only to spot Jungkook sleeping soundly, looking almost innocent.

(Taehyung POV)

It was a dream -- no, a nightmare.

Jungkook squirmed in his sleep before lifting his eyelids and propping himself up with one hand.

"G-good morning, Jeon." I called out, unsure of how to react after such a horrendous vision.

He looked up at me with a scrutinized face, examining my disheveled state with curiosity , "stop stuttering, I fucking hate that" he groaned before standing up and rubbing his aching shoulders, courtesy of sleeping on the floor.

He stared up at the dainty clock hung up against the wall. It was ticking away steadily until it's inevitable death; which proved to be near due to the cracks on the face.

"Shit! It's already 9am?!" Jungkook's eyes widened as he wasted no time in running to the small, empty kitchen where his keys lay atop the counter.

"Don't just stare dumbly at me, Kim!" He scrambled to get his shoes on before continuing, "hurry up!"

I timidly followed, fear weighing down upon my frail shoulders, I feared I would collapse under the weight of it.

I dragged my feet to the kitchen sink and splashed cold water over my face, i spotted a lonely lollipop lying on the counter and decided to bring it with me, before proceeding to wear my shoes. I trailed behind Jungkook like his shadow, running down the stairs and past the long corridors.

On our way past the front desk, the wide, green chair was unoccupied, it was worn out and tatty. Two large dents were carved on the surface of the seat that molded into the shape of her thighs, evidence of the unamused hotel clerk from yesterday.

"Say Jeon, where's the lady?" I asked, swirling my tongue around the tip of the lemon lollipop

"What lady?"

I popped the lollipop out of my mouth before turning my head to his. "The clerk you were arguing with yesterday."

A mischievous glint settled within Jungkook's brown eyes that reflected the corners of his mouth for a split second before it returned to its dull colour again, "beats me," he shrugged, "she probably slept in or something."

Before I could ponder on the ulterior meaning behind those words Jungkook had opened up the car door and lightly pushed me in.

As he got in and began to ignite the engine I strapped my self in. "Where are we going?" I questioned, my fingers tracing a small scratch on the window.

"To meet a friend of mine." A small smirk played on his thin lips as he sped up the car.

—-

Can you guess who the 'friend' is?😊