Five - Chapped lips

Tae POV

CHIPPED nails and chapped lips.

Biting my nails was a habit that followed me like a shadow since my early ages, and whenever nervousness enveloped me I would immediately begin to chew on each nail.

I was scared to say the least. Scared of Jungkook.
He was unpredictable, and I didn't like it, not one bit.
Not being able to safely predict what event would occur in the future made worry cloud my vision.

A friend? The word sounded foreign rolling off his tongue, like it was forced label.

However, all I could do was just sit in the car and let myself drown in the sea of curiosity my mind had conjured. A prisoner of my own mind, more or less.

The clerk was missing right after my dream, but why?

Was it really a dream? The more I pondered on the thought the more it seemed ridiculous, he may be a hitman but he isn't poor. Why would he need to kill someone in order to save himself a bit of money that would only timidly stand beside the huge stack of money he already owns?

"What are you thinking about?" Jungkook spoke, deciding it was best to distract himself from the awkward silence with a conversation.

My eyes followed his lips and then travelled up to his sharp gaze not leaving the road in front of him, his right hand clinging loosely onto the wheel. My eyes then trailed down to his left hand curling around a bright red can of cola, just like my brother would always have, he'd have the blue straw and i'd have the red one.

I felt as if I wanted to be independent whilst one part of me begged to be in my brothers large arms, engulfing me into a hug of comfort and to drag me away from this nightmare. Those two desires were in conflict with each other, battling for control over my body.

I snapped out of my trance as I realised jungkook awaited a response.
"Nothing"
I gave a short, blunt reply; implying I didn't want to engage in a conversation with him. I can't show him I'm nervous or slightly worried, or else he'll have an advantage over me.

He, however, didn't catch on and decided to irritatingly press on my dazed behaviour.

"Doesn't look like nothing, you keep biting your nails" He pointed out nonchalantly.

I found an old packet of gum in the glove compartment, squeezing out one piece of gum and popping it into my mouth, "and that's none of your concern, just focus on the road" I snapped, whilst obnoxiously chewing the gum.

He squinted his eyes, turning his head to stare at me as I rummaged through his stuff, finding a pair of white rimmed sunglasses and taking the liberty of wearing them as if they were mine.

I need to escape Jungkook, he's hardly going to lead me to my brother and I can't stand the site of another murder.

"Knock off the attitude, Kim" he sternly replied.

My eyebrows furrowed in frustration, my patience ticking away, in sync with his rose gold watch as each second mimicked each thin layer of patience vanishing. I opened my mouth ready to shout out a string of insults before I came to an abrupt halt.

That's it! Attitude!  My eyes brightened, glimmering with hope.

Maybe if I give him a hard time he'll get sick of me and realise he doesn't need me on his missions, I'm just a burden, thus, he'd let me free and that way I won't be risking my life for stupid missions of his,