f o u r

He had waited an hour for her to arrive, playing the piano in the meantime. The band was beginning to grow impatient for his idea, but he assured them that she would come.

A couple of minutes later, she did. She wore a sleek, mahogany, off-the-shoulder sheath dress. Her hair was perfectly straightened, and her skin glowed like a goddess.

  He finished up the song, watching as she waited for her order. His heart hammered as he whispered to the rest of the band, then walked up to the center of the stage.

  She lifted her gaze to him, furrowing her eyebrows as he moved the microphone-stand off the stage. Someone handed a black microphone to him, and he held it tightly.

  He stared down at the ground, the blues music starting. He felt bare without an instrument of his own, but he knew he had a hidden one stored inside of him.

  Taking a deep breath, he looked up and met her eyes at the back of the club. He felt himself loosen as the words flowed out of him.

  "Unforgettable, that's what you are, " he sang, his dark eyes boring into her light ones. "Unforgettable, though near or far."

  "Like a song of love that clings to me. How the thought of you does things to me. Never before has someone been more..."

  He glided across the stage, never once looking away from her. "Unforgettable, in every way. And forevermore, that's how you'll stay. That's why, darling, it's incredible. That someone so unforgettable. Thinks that I am unforgettable too."

  She was speechless as he sang to her. Every fiber of her being felt touched profoundly.

  His voice was beautifully smooth, and his words simply took her breath away. She couldn't turn away this time.

  Instead, a sweet smile grew on her face. The song ended, but he continued to gaze at her.

  He found her smile contagious, and he was filled with warmth by it. For the rest of the night, that was all they did.

  Smile.

A/N: ah, yes, romance. Also my specialty.

What did you think of his romantic gesture? Good, or cringey? Comment!

Thank you for reading; hope you're enjoying so far!