f o u r t e e n

It had been almost two months since they visited the concert hall, and they spent almost every day together since then.

  They told each other mostly everything, but little did he know, she had been harboring a secret for quite a while now. And today was finally the day she would come clean.

  She came into the jazz club wearing a brighter smile than usual as she settled down at her table with her journal, spotting him with a trumpet today. Normally, she would be enjoying his music, but she was filled with too much impatience to focus on anything else.

Once the band went on break, he sat down at her table and gave her a questioning look. "What's up with you today, Rose?"

"I have big news," she said, beaming with excitement. "I've actually been planning this for a while now, but I didn't want to tell you about it until I knew it was officially happening."

"Okay..." he trailed off, narrowing his eyes at her, while she took a deep breath.

"So that day at the concert hall, I noticed this poster outside that you missed, since you were blindfolded. It said that they're having some sort of contest there towards the end of the year, but they weren't allowing just anyone to participate."

She watched his confused face as she spoke. "You had to audition, but the people at the concert hall wanted a genuine performance from everyone, so it was somewhat of a secret audition."

"Why are you telling me this?" he asked, although deep down he already had an idea.

"Well, because I just got this letter today," she pulled out the opened envelope from inside of her journal and slid it over to him. "And it says that someone came here, to the jazz club, to watch you perform."

He furrowed his eyebrows and began reading the letter for himself. "What? But why would they come here? I didn't apply."

"No, but I did. For you."

His eyes flickered up to look at her, shocked, then quickly skimmed over the rest of the letter. She smiled as his face slowly lit up like fireworks. "It—it says here that I'm in. That I passed."

"And that you'll be performing at the concert hall in front of hundreds of people to win a 25,000 dollar prize and a permanent spot at the hall," she said, and he gaped at her. He blinked, his heart pounding.

"Rose, this could kickstart my entire career. I don't know what to say," he breathed, shaking his head in disbelief, before looking up at her again. "You...you really did this for me?"

She nodded. "Of course I did. I want you to achieve your dreams. And you have a talent, Blue. You deserve this."

His eyes bored into hers for a moment, utterly speechless. Then, all of a sudden, he stood from his seat and lifted her off of hers. He wrapped his arms around her and stuffed his head in the crook of her neck, holding her tightly.

"Thank you so much, Rose. This means so much to me," he whispered, closing his eyes. "You mean so much to me."

She smiled softly and hugged him back just as hard. "You mean a lot to me too."

They held each other in their arms, feeling their hearts and souls intertwine. She always wondered what it felt like to hug someone with so much emotion, and he always thought he would never find someone who would care for him like he would.

In that moment, they realized that they had found someone who would make all of the fairy tales seem real, and make their world a little more colorful.