f i v e

She pushed open the door, adrenaline in her veins. She fixed the thin straps of her slim, nude dress as she searched the stage for her favorite musician.

The excitement died within her when he wasn't there. She walked over to her regular table, looking down at the floor with sad eyes.

"Hey, " a voice called from in front of her. Lifting her gaze, she froze.

It was him, in his typical attire with a charming grin. Her voice seemed small as she replied, "Hello."

"Could a man like me be lucky enough to buy a woman as beautiful as you a drink?" he asked, his speech as smooth and rich as his music.

"I'm not sure how lucky you'd be, but I'd certainly like that, " she said shyly, and he chuckled.

"Great, because I already ordered."

Her eyes widened when she noticed the piña colada and curly fries on the table behind him. He had noticed her, and the small action made her feel important.

"Thank you, " she whispered hesitantly. He pulled the chair back for her, his grin everlasting.

  He cleared his throat, regarding her with a cool look and a faint smile. "So, you come here often?"

"I've been coming here for a while now, " she nodded, twirling the straw in her drink. "But you're a new addition to the band, aren't you?"

"I am. To the city, too."

"Welcome. You seem like you've settled in pretty well."

"Thank you, I've lived in other cities before. There's something about this one, though..." he trailed off; she met his eyes through her thick eyelashes.

She couldn't tear her gaze away from his dark orbs, which seemed to pierce into her soul. He wasn't simply staring, he was observing. Analyzing. "Like what?"

It took him a moment to form the words, as if her presence had suddenly made him doubt every thought in his mind. "I don't know yet."

His reply was vague, but it was enough for her to understand.

  "Will you be here tomorrow night?"

  "I will, " she nodded, eating a fry. He gazed at her for a second, thinking, and she wondered what exactly he saw when he looked at her.

  "I'm not playing tomorrow night, " he told her. "Could we continue this conversation then?"

  She simply smiled in response, but he thought it voiced her thoughts more than words ever could.

  He stood, and returned to the stage. Before the song began, he took one long look at her. She locked eyes with him, and the world seemed to pause.

  She shined like the sun in his eyes, while he twinkled like the starry night in hers.

  They knew the future had something different stored for them, something right.

A/N: and the first 5 chapters of the fourth book in the "Pure Love Tales" series are published! I hope you all are enjoying the plot so far!

I do not have a fixed updating schedule for this book yet, but whenever you guys vote and comment, it always motivates me. I am a bit busy and lacking determination these days, so beware of that.

Thank you for reading, and I'll try to update as soon as possible!