The Isle of the Lost: Jay and Mal

Turned out that Jafar's business had one main competitor and Jay's plan that he needed Jane's help with was to distract the owner long enough for him to make off with the goods.

It didn't go so well... for Jane that is.

She was caught but Jay escaped with the loot, it hurt that he could've helped but would rather get the merch as he called it than save her but really, she should've known better after all he was a villain too.

And she should've never listened to or trusted a villain.

"Let go!" She cried as the man who owned the thrift shop pulled roughly on her arm, she didn't want to go where ever he was taking her, "Not a change brat you lost me some valuable stuff."

Her arm is sure to be purple after how tightly he was dragging her still she wouldn't give up just yet even though it hurt the little girl kept pulling trying to free her arm.

It wasn't working.

So, she did the next thing that came to mind, she kicked him. Her mother would be so disappointed in her but she to was disappointed because unfortunately, her kick didn't have much strength behind it and didn't reach very far either.

He just laughed at her pathetic attempts to escape which brought frustrated tears to her eyes, "I wasn't sure before now, but I guess that what I've heard is true," His grin was ugly, and it had nothing to do with his missing or yellowed teeth either, "Maleficent is looking for you little Auradon girl!"

Jane gasped, he knew who she was and worse he was bringing her back to the evil fairy!

As the blue-eyed girl's struggles renewed a little boy who was watching from the rooftops nearly fell off said rooftop at the information he overheard.

"And kid!? It all makes sense now..."

-

It didn't take long before she was back in the presence of the one who started her whole nightmare Maleficent herself.

Mostly the tired, sore, hungry, dirty little girl just stood there silently and not listening as the awful thrift shop owner haggled with the fairy for her return.

Why wasn't her mom here yet?

So, another hand grabbed her arm and the exchange was complete, "My, my look at you my dear little Jane so filthy I doubt even think your own mother would recognize you like this." The endearment was said mockingly as was the whole sentence really but that's not what the little brunette caught onto.

Jane's drooping head shot up at that, was that the reason her mom couldn't find her?

Maleficent just laughed at the child's face, "You really think she's coming for you, don't you my dear?"

"She is!" Her lips trembled as she spoke back to the evil woman in front of her, the fairy just put on a sad face and not a very convincing one either, "Poor sweet stupid Jane," her mask slipped, and she was back to grinning again, "Your mommy's not coming."

Refusing to believe the villain she shook her head, "You're lying!" She screamed with her eyes closed tightly and tears flowing freely.

"I am a fairy of my word I think you'll soon come to find," she lets go of the girl's bruised arm and instead grabs her face, her nails scratching the little girl's cheeks and tearing the skin just enough to make it hurt when her salty tears get into the cuts.

"She. Is. Not. Coming." She wanted to make sure the words stuck so she put emphases on each of them.

The little girl wouldn't believe a villain over her own mother!