The Isle of the Lost: Jane's Second Year Part I

Thirteen months since Jane first arrived and currently she was eating her first as Jay called it soggy food at Ursula's Fish and Chips it wasn't awful all things considered but it wasn't good either still it was her first time at a restaurant in recent memory and well those other memories were firmly in don't talk about it don't think about it category.

Suddenly the doors swing open and her blue eyes follow the sound to find a very wet and extremely pissed off Mal storming in, "New look?" The glower she sent Jane's way would've sent a lesser person running but well she's familiar with the other girl's attitude by now.

"Harry Hook... where is he?" It was a demand, one that you didn't not answer if you knew what was good for you but one glance around Jane just shrugged, "Not here, why?"

As if it wasn't obvious, "Because I'm gonna kill him!" Storming over she grabs a handful of fries off of the other girl's plate before glaring at anyone who so much as looked at her funny before once again making a dramatic exit.

After a few beats to make sure the girl wasn't going to come back in the brunette kicks someone underneath the table causing them to curse, "You owe me some fries now."

The person in question crawls out from under it and grins his pirate in training grin, personally, Jane thinks it makes him look more like the Mad hatter than a Hook, but she digressed. "You know I'm good for it."

"Uh huh." He'd conveniently forget later and then never be as he said, 'good for it', "Pay up now or I might suddenly see you and go get Mal."

His hands raised in surrender, "Alright, alright girly I'll go get you yer fries."

And to think pirates used to scare her and now she was hiding one albeit one in training under her table from her 'adopted sister' the world works in mysterious ways.

A minute later a new plate of fries drops in front of her, "Yay my favorite!" The girl mock claps, the pirate boy just rolls his eyes and plops down into an empty seat at her table, "So what happened with Mal I didn't get the full story before you dove under the table."

"A minor disagreement is all." Uh huh minor.

"One where you shoved her into the water?" She says around a mouthful of fries, manners aren't really so important anymore after all.

He shrugs and snatches a fry, "You know she can't swim right and get your own damn fries."

"I did I just gave them to you." He tries to steal another, but she yanks the plate away with a hiss and he gives up for the moment.

-

Fifteen months and Jane had all but put her previous life in behind her mostly because it hurt to think about but partly because it was the dream, and this was the reality and she knew which one she lived in now.

"Hey Jane, can I ask you a question?" The purple haired girl asks one day while the two of them and Jay are lounging around after school, "You just did," the girl teased.

"Smartass," she swats her, "I was just wondering... you were an Auradon kid right I mean before..." It was unlike Mal to be so unsure with her words but there it was, Jay on the other hand who had been tossing an apple up and down was taken off guard and missed the catch which resulted with it hitting him in the face.

Fortunately for him, rotten fruit is softer even apples.

"Yeah... I was before I was kidnapped, why?" The girl asks trying to sound uncaring of the subject.

"What was it like?" The other girl asks, "It was... different."

"How?" Mal asks again, "Just different, more food... and well just different is all."