order i

❝chapter i : space buns❞

finn plopped his elbow on the counter, his chin rested on his palm, as he blankly studied the crowd busy chatting with the people they're with, some are silently reading a book, most are focused on a laptop in front of them, drinking their own bev...

finn plopped his elbow on the counter, his chin rested on his palm, as he blankly studied the crowd busy chatting with the people they're with, some are silently reading a book, most are focused on a laptop in front of them, drinking their own beverages.

great. only an hour on his first day at his new part-time job and finn already felt sick dealing with a routine which is waiting for a new costumer to come in, asking for their order, writing their names on a cup while mentally hoping that he'd get the spellings right, counting their change which he hated because god, he despised math.

and then repeat.

as finn wrote a costumer's name on a cup, he heard the bell on top of the entrance rang so he turned around and his eyes landed on a brown-eyed girl, hair fixed in two space buns. he noticed that there was a co-worker on the register to keep the girl company so he shrugged and got back to what he was doing.

"a chai tea latte for noah!" finn shouted loud enough for the small boy to come near the counter. when the costumer received his order, finn went back to his register and waited for a new costumer to order.

"h- hi. one chocolate chip cream frappuccino with extra whipped cream on top, please." finn heard a girl with an audible british accent shyly spoke, him realizing that she was the same girl with the space buns earlier.

"one chocolate chip cream frappuccino coming right up!" his co-worker, who he didn't remember what the name was, replied. finn noticed as the british girl fiddled her fingers and examine the café nervously. finn found it adorable. he shook his head and tried to get back to work.

"space buns, huh? i tried them once too, didn't look well. i realized they don't look great on anybody, did you watch any tutorials while doing them?" finn heard his co-worker approach. he noticed the shy girl snap out of her thoughts and unable to form any words.

"i- uh. . .just wanted to try it out." the girl touched her hair consciously and looked down, frowning. "i see that. don't worry, it didn't look good on me, too!" the co-worker chirped while the shy costumer just nodded faintly.

no one asked. finn grits to himself.

"can i get your name?"

"uh. . .m- millie. it's millie." the girl responded. "okay, millie. sit anywhere you want, your drink's on the way." the british girl, now identified as millie, obliged and took one of the seats in the corner.

"can i take this one? it's my first day after all, and there are no new costumers yet." finn approached the co-worker, "oh, sure! finn, right? i'm maddie!" she replied.

finn just nodded, his eyes still darted on the british girl, now reading a book. "if you didn't know, that girl's order was-"

"a one chocolate chip cream frappuccino with extra whipped cream on top?" finn proudly interjected. maddie furrowed her eyebrows, he had to hold back a laughter at the sight.

"yeah, and her name's-"

"millie? i know, i got it!" finn didn't wait for another reply as he instantly prepared for the girl's order. finn made sure that the drink had the necessary amount of sugar and cream, his first time actually giving a shit about the drinks he served.

finn put loads of whipped cream on top, exactly doing what the girl wanted. he grabbed a marker and finally put her name on the back of the cup.

finn went to the counter, "one chocolate chip cream frappuccino for millie!" he shouted. millie hurriedly removed her focus on the book and stood up.

millie grabbed her drink from his hand, their hands slightly brushed against each other, making both teens share eye contact for the first time.

the interaction felt like eternity, so finn broke it by clearing his throat while the girl shyly looked down and thanked him.

finn watched as the girl turn the cup around. he realized that she read what he has written on it when a sweet smile suddenly plastered on her face, her charming fangs now fully shown. he smiled at the endearing sight.

millie looked up and tried to look for the worker who wrote it. when it was only finn who shared eye contact with her, she mouthed him a thank you.

finn gave her a thumbs up and finally went back to work. he tried to stop stealing glances at the girl at times, but he failed miserably. a few minutes have passed until the british girl exited the café, a wide smile still crept on her lips because the scribbled words he wrote never seemed to leave her mind.

finn went home with a contented grin.

maybe applying to a shitty job wasn't that shitty after all.

millie
i've never seen a space bun before in my life
but i know for sure you make it work 10/10, promise
-frogface

- ♡ -

a/n : so here's chapter 1!
i told you, fluff.
was this okay? leave some feedbacks pls : ) reading them is my favorite hobby like...ever.

have a nice day and never forget to be good to yourselves and everyone else !
hope to see you here again soon.

- cali : )