order iii

❝chapter iii : jelly❞

a week into his routine of leaving little comments on millie's drinks and finn has never felt more satisfied and happy with his job

a week into his routine of leaving little comments on millie's drinks and finn has never felt more satisfied and happy with his job. that happiness didn't last long when he saw millie emerge the café with a black-skinned boy alongside with her.

finn watched as millie release a giggle from whatever the boy said to her. finn loved seeing the girl's infectious smile especially when his scribbled words were the reason behind it, but he couldn't seem to figure out why he felt a slight of emptiness this time.

he tried to shrug it off and busied himself at the back of the counter, sadie the one approaching millie's order as usual.

a minute after taking their orders when sadie finally called out finn, "okay so that's one green tea cream frappuccino with extra whipped cream on top for none other than millie and one coffee jelly cream frappuccino for caleb."

finn looked for the two costumers who were now at their picked seats. he sighed and nodded faintly at the redhead.

"you are so jelly." sadie snickered.

"am not!" finn protested instantly.

"talking to the coffee jelly here, curly."

finn stamped his feet on the cold tile in annoyance, "enough with that already! i am not." he blurted out.

sadie shrugged, "whatever helps you sleep at night."

finn sighed as he put the cap of the drinks on top, "i have no right to feel. . .whatever the hell this is anyway."

sadie frowned at the boy and waited as he tried to come up with words to write this time, the redhead patted his back, "i'll get back to work, just don't write any swear words at the boy's cup alright?" she chuckled, lightening up the mood.

finn rolled his eyes, chuckling as well afterwards.

finn examined the café, his eyes once again landing at the two costumers from a distance still busy having a light conversation before clearing his throat, "a green tea and a coffee jelly cream frappuccino for millie and caleb!" he yelled.

millie stopped talking mid-sentence and poked caleb's shoulder, cueing for him to go to the counter with her. millie grabbed her own drink from finn's grasp, giving him a small wave when they shared eye contact. finn smiled faintly in response, mentally slapping himself because he could never act normal around the girl.

the british girl eagerly turned her drink around, later furrowing her eyebrows as she finished reading it. millie looked up and was about to call for the curly boy's name, but pressed her lips back when she realized she didn't know what it was.

millie snapped her fingers together, luckily finn easily caught the sound. finn gulped nervously, waiting for the girl's intentions.

millie laughed in disbelief, waving her arms up with an x symbol as she repeatedly mouthed no to the boy while shaking her head. finn tilted his head, trying to understand what the girl was doing.

millie slapped her forehead, she pointed at the black-skinned boy beside her who's busy playing games on his phone to even know what was going on around him.

the british girl pointed to caleb and to herself back and forth.

just friends. millie mouthed to finn from a distance.

finn formed an o in his lips in understanding, he gave the girl a thumbs up, making the girl giggle.

finn turned his back from millie and plopped his palms on the counter because the last thing he wanted to happen right now was for millie to see him as red as a tomato.

finn went back to the register, a relieved smile still curled on his lips, when he suddenly heard sadie whisper something to him from behind.

"since lover girl's not with caleb, can i have him?" sadie pleaded.

finn just bursted out laughing and acknowledged the new costumers who arrived. while sadie was left there standing, wondering what was so funny about what she said.

millie
̶i̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶r̶a̶y̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶m̶i̶l̶l̶s̶.̶
̶a̶m̶ ̶i̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶?̶
hope you and your boyfriend enjoy your drinks!
- frogface

- ♡ -

a/n: tnx king caleb for cameoing
thoughts so far?
once again, not proofread yikes
i love you all : )
- cali