order iv

❝chapter iv : a slice of motivation❞

finn had the roughest day. not only did his manager scolded him for not taking his job seriously by glaring at every customer who passed by and not keeping an approachable smile on his face, but he also remembered that he still had yet to take sadie's night shift for two days.

finn checked the clock and it said 7:04 pm. he slumped his head on the counter, "you can go now." he huffed in bitterness.

sadie put down her coat, "fine, fine. i'll take my shift-"

finn widened his eyes and looked up, "really? you're the best sads!" he beamed as he started untying his apron, ready to leave the café.

"nuh uh uh, not so fast, curly," the redhead grabbed his wrist, "you didn't let me finish my sentence. i was about to say that i'll take my shift with you staying here."

finn groaned, "whyyyy?" he whined.

"are you not gonna wait for lover girl?" sadie made an excuse, but the real reason why she wanted him to stay was because she couldn't do the same boring routine on her own.

"you can't trick me with that sadie, and plus, she's not coming." finn frowned.

sadie rolled her eyes and dragged him back to the counter, "she will, just be patient." the redhead grabbed his apron and threw it back to him.

finn scratched his head in annoyance, knowing he wouldn't get rid of the competitive girl.

finn looked around the café, not used that every seat wasn't taken. and not used that one particular seat in the corner wasn't taken by a shy british girl busily reading a certain book. he yawned and did a staring contest with the clock.

less and less costumers passed by as the clock ticked, finn didn't even realize that he dozed off until the bell rang and snapped him back to reality.

finn thought he was the person who had the worst day in the world, but seeing millie enter the shop with a messy bun and baggy eyes, completely bare-faced and wearing sweatpants, a laptop pressed between her arm and waist, while on her other arm books were rested, he realized that maybe he had to rethink some of his thoughts.

nonetheless, finn still found her adorable and cuddly. perhaps maybe even more.

millie crinkled her nose as she strugglingly read the menu attached on the wall, her tired eyes barely opened.

"one venti café americano, please." she couldn't help but escape a yawn afterwards, covering her mouth with her clenched fist so she wouldn't look disrespectful.