last order

❝chapter v : broken distance❞

finn's attempt at being a good barista wasn't still going really well

finn's attempt at being a good barista wasn't still going really well. not only did he accidentally drop a cup, but he also yelled a. . .let's just say, a not very nice word that starts with an f and ends with a k to a costumer who accidentally spilled a drink on him.

all in an hour.

"c'mon mr. keery! i said i was sorry, i'll try to be more careful with my actions next time," finn begged, his hands clasped together.

joe closed his locker and faced the younger boy, "fine, fine whatever-"

"yes!" finn started punching the air, "thank you, i'll never let you down again!" he bowed and was about to walk out of the locker room when joe grabbed his shoulder.

joe lowered his posture, his hand still gripped on the boy's shoulder, "under one condition," he firmed, his index finger raised up.

"why does everyone says that to me?" finn mumbled.

"what was that?"

"nothing," finn gulped, mentally preparing himself for a hard challenge.

"stop making sink and i wait and make a move on that british girl, deal?" joe commanded, his expression remained stern.

finn almost choked in air, "what the f-"

"is it a deal?" joe loudened his voice.

"y- yes, mr. keery!" finn agreed, still weirded out about what's going on. he didn't know what condition he expected, but this was certainly not it.

joe ruffled his curly mane, "now get out of here!" he pushed the younger's back.

"wait! mr. kee-"

joe snorted, "just call me joe."

"okay. . .joe," he organized his thoughts, "how did you know about millie?"

"ah, the british girl?" finn shyly nodded and blushed even just thinking about her, "sink and i talk about it when her night shifts are over. and based on sink's stories let me just say that you're really a coward so make up your mind."

finn lingered his eyes at the counter and saw sadie shamelessly eavesdropping, he gritted his teeth in irritation while the redhead just stuck her tongue out and went back to the register.