They made me do it

ALEJANDRA

"... and if you check the seventh page, you will see recomendations from my dean, as well as my..."

"Miss Riviera...", man sitting in front of me, behind his huge desk in a enormous room, interupted me.

"It's Rivera, actually". Shit! This is not working.  Slimebag in front of me kept looking and my breasts and legs, then some more of my breasts, then legs again, then my lips..

"Well, now that is not what matters the most, isn't it?" 

Fuck, that is the creepiest smile ever!

"Miss.. Rivera, you do realize you are aplying for the job of my junior associate?"

"Of course, it would be amazing to finally have some real lawyer experience"

And it would be. Ever since I graduated last year in Harvard, only lawyer thing I did, was getting my younger sister from jail. 

Well not from jail, per se. More of room behind the counter in some God nows where county, where she decided it would be good idea for her and her boyfriend to have sex. In a alley. Where anyone could see you. Loud.

"It is really hard for me as a woman to get any job related to law, Mr Cockran". Yes, his name is Cockran.

"Honey.."

Asshole.

"You have to be aware that this is Denver, where only the greatest of the greatest are made to rule, to lead, to be respected. And they are all men. Men powerfull like me."

Shit, the heat in my chest is getting too big to contain.

"Do you see wich floor we are on?" He asked.

"What?"

"187th floor. Do you know how huge of a law firm we are to get this floor?"

"Mr Cockran..."

He tilted his head at me.

"But I'm willing to help you out"

"You are?" Finally!

"Of course". He stood up. Well, first his huge belly then himself. Went to the door and locked them.

Shit, this isn't good.

"But, of course, you would have to be little cooperative", he said.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

I stood up as well.

"Mr Cockran, I.." 

He went back to his chair, sat in it and spread his legs.

"Now, Miss Rivera, if you show me some apreciation, my decision to hire you, would be very easy to make."

Fuck you, asshole!

"This interview is over." I stood up. "Goodbye, sir. Hope you'll rote in hell!"

The ass stood up as well.

"Oh, come on, little girl, you're honestly are thinking you'll get a job without paying for it?"

"Did you pay for it?", I asked.

"That's different. I'm a man"

"I can assure you, Mr Cockran, I am twice the lawyer you are!".

And I am. Ever since little child, I developed amazing memory and thanks to my father, amazing survival skills, wich help me a lot in a courtroom. Not that I spend much time in court. 

I gratuated at top of my class, far ahead of any of my classmates. And yet, they all have jobs now and I don't. Because every single of my classmates were male. Yep, only female student was me. And looking like I do, thanks to my latina mother and greece father, my life on college was no piece of cake. In fact, it was hell.

You would think that being pretty would help me out, but no. The men there already don't consider women smart, much less if she's good looking. 

"Look, i'll cut you some slack", Cockran's voice brought me back from my memories.

"Just a little blowjob here and there and we'll work together just fine"

"Fuck you!", I snapped.

"Look, bitch", he sneered, sleezy smile gone from his face.

"You're nothing! Nobody! Just a little woman dreaming of things she could never have!"

I went to the door and unlocked them.

Then turned to the man, who again sat in his chair.

"Watch me"

I opened the door, walked out and changed the world for myself and all future generations.

                                                                                                  20 years later

Her personal bodyguard and one of few persons she trusts holding the door, Aleja Rivera stepped out of pitch black, bullletproof SUV. 

The second her foot touched the cement sidewalk, her other seven bodyguards lined up behind her, around her and in front of her. 

Camera flashes started  but she has long since learned to not pay attention to them.

"Judge Rivera, is it true you are planning on cooperating with both Chaos and Nightingale to take Valenzuela out?"

"Judge  Rivera, are you worried about alleged threatening calls and emails from Valenzuela?"

"Judge Rivera, how you are planning to work along the Chaos president, considering Rush Allen is known to demand lead in all of his operations?"

On that she did crack a little secret smile. Inside.

And walked in to her building.