Chapter 22 - Dinner for two

"Hey, hey, hey! Where are you dragging me off to this time?!" Jiyoon asked, wincing when Luhan gave a particularly hard pull on her wrist. She stumbled in her heels, and nearly fell over after catching her toe in the carpet if Luhan hadn't stopped and turned around. He caught her just in time, Jiyoon holding onto his jacket for dear life as he helped her to stand properly. What he didn't catch was her clutch, which she quickly picked up and checked to see if her phone had broken - no, it was safe.

Luhan laughed, "You're always falling over, you know that?" Jiyoon just huffed and shook his hand off of her, crossing her arms and glaring at him. She flicked her hair over her shoulder and raised an eyebrow, "So?" she replied in as sassy a tone as she could muster.

He just rolled his eyes and took a hold of her hand this time, bringing her to an elevator. They stepped inside and he pressed the button for the highest floor. The banquet coordinators had organised for the event to be held at a distinguished place, and had chosen one where the highest floor was a sky-view restaurant that people could only eat at if they had reservations.

Luhan had decided that he'd take her upstairs for a romantic dinner date instead of eating the prepared buffet; he had yet to take her out for a fancy dinner, so since they are already wearing formal attire, he utilised the opportunity to treat her as well as give her the Christmas gift.

The elevator doors opened to reveal a classy restaurant, the tables each covered in off-white linen with matching chairs. The soft murmurs of people dining and the quiet notes of a piano playing in the background, blended together with the ambient lighting to create an elegant atmosphere as a waiter greeted them. "How are you today, sir, ma'am? Do you have a reservation?" they asked.

With a quick nod, Luhan stepped forward and pulled out his wallet, showing a card with his reservation. The waiter smiled and led them to their table in a corner next to a ceiling to floor glass window, overlooking the night lights of Seoul. The waiter left them with the menus and some breadsticks, "What drinks would you like?" they asked. Luhan looked at Jiyoon who shrugged, "We'll have lemonade please." The waiter nodded and walked away, saying, "I will take your orders when you're ready." Jiyoon just stared in awe at the surroundings, enthralled by the expensive setting, but she knew to go along with it, knowing full well that Luhan probably spent a lot of money for this.

"It's so beautiful," she breathed, running her fingers over the table cloth, the wine glass, the plates, everything that she could touch. Luhan only sat and watched her with a soft smile, loving that he could make her happy. "When did you even make a reservation?" Jiyoon asked, folding her hands in her lap.

"Why should I tell you that?" he replied cheekily. Jiyoon gave him a hard stare until he broke out into a grin, "I reserved a table since last month. I was planning to bring you here earlier, but then I heard about the Christmas banquet, so I moved the date back. We haven't been on a date like this yet," he chuckled, giving her a sincere expression. He put an elbow on the table and cupped his chin in his hand as he openly stared at her. "You're very beautiful," he murmured.

It had been a while since Luhan showed this side of him to her, the last time being ... she couldn't remember. He'd been acting like a goof lately that she forgot the sweeter memories of him. Jiyoon looked down shyly and played with her hands; this was the side that made her heart beat a little faster and harder, made her squirm, made her want to run yet want to curl herself into his embrace. Honestly, it's embarrassing, she thought, but he is so annoying! I don't want him but he makes me feel like putty in his hands. Why, Jiyoon, why?! Why do you have to fall for him? Isn't your bias... wait who was my bias?!

Her eyes widened when she couldn't remember who it was that she had fallen first for through a computer screen. Jiyoon quickly rummaged through her clutch, pulling out her phone to check her photo gallery. She had organised all the different photos into separate albums, but now as she looked through her photos, she could see that she had been neglecting them. There were so many albums that it took her a while to search.