Charlotte

I take a deep breath as I tilt my head under the shower's head. The warm water trickling down my face, warms me up from the cold icy bathroom.

I don't understand why I'm here. This isn't my Aunt's house but she texted me that she would pick me up from here...

I turn off the shower and pull back the curtains. The chilly dark bathroom welcomes me with it's cold air.

I guess this is some sort of guest house but I didn't think my aunt could afford it.. of course its been years since I saw her.

Lying down on the bed, I look towards the window and watch the ripples of pond.

The sky was covered by clouds so the moon isn't showing.. but the small lamp lights on the pier brighten the pond just enough to see...

Wait what's that in the water?

I put my purple slippers on and head outside. Something is floating on top of the water..

As I get closer to the deck, I become fearful and aware of the stupidity on my part. Why did I just walk out here?

As I walk onto the deck, all the lights go off. I'm in complete darkness.. I take a few steps backwards..

I trip on something behind me and fall into the pond. I grab onto the pier, trying to pull myself back up but instead let go when I feel a hand on the pier.

Something is yanking on my foot. I struggle in the darkness of the cold water. I barely manage to get out of the grip.

Somehow I manage to get out of the pond. I run as fast as I can to the house to get my keys..

As I grab my keys off the table and run outside, I hear someone shrieking.

"Charlotte!!!! CHARLOTTE!!!"

I get in my car and pull out of the driveway. I look through my rearview mirror and see the calm pond... Deceivingly peaceful but entirely sinister..