chapter 7

Charlotte sighs. "Why can't I just leave?"

Zaron snickers. "Seriously, that has got to be the dumbest question I've heard. Besides you're one of us now. Being connected to us has its perks."

Charlotte rolls her eyes. "What.. not getting killed?"

Zaron shrugs. "Just don't  tick me off and we'll be good. But no, you get to be part of our... Organization."

Garret smacks the back of Zaron's head. "Watch it. You know we aren't allowed to talk about that outside of the Hill. Now come on, we need to head over there."

Zaron yanks Charlotte towards him and they walk out. He glances back and winks. "You're going to love it."

Charlotte can feel dread make it's way into her stomach as she feels sick and exhausted by this event unfolding in front of her.

Zaron holds a knife in one hand and the door open with the other. "Get in Sweetheart. We have a bumpy road ahead of us.

Charlotte, having no other choice, gets in and turns to have Zaron right in her face.

She moves her head back. "Whoa! Back off dude."

Zaron laughs. "I'm just blinded folding  you. Chill out."

They ride for what seems like hours before the car comes to a slow stop. Zaron pulls off the blind fold.

He opens the door and grins. "Ah, isnt this just a sight to behold."

Charlotte steps out of the car and faces a lake. A dark green lake with a hill and an old abandoned mine. "No kidding."

Garret grabs Charlotte's wrist. "Don't make eye contact or you will be dead on the spot."

Zaron laughs. "No, they'll use her as rat and slaughter her slowly..."

Charlotte can feel herself begin to shake as they swim across the icy cold lake and towards the dark hill opening. She can see blood by the door entrance.

Zaron grabs her hand leads into the dark hill. He whispers into her ear. "Lights aren't allowed. We can't have anyone suspect we exist down here."

Charlotte can feel a hand slide down her back. It wasn't Zaron's and it wasn't Garret because he was right next to her.

A voice whispers into her ear. "You will never leave us..."

Charlotte opens her mouth to scream but a hand covers it.

Zaron leans over.  "Shh.. you scream and you die down here."

Charlotte can't see anything. Complete darkness surrounds her but she knows there are people within the darkness of the hill.

They come to a stop. Garret speaks softly into the dark. "I have found my daughter Lucy, who I had believed to be dead for so many years.. I request a  life membership for her."

Voices murmuring throughout the darkness echo down the hall. "Is she really your daughter?"

Garret replies, "Yes she is."

The murmuring stops. "She may live as one of us as long as she never turns back to her old ways."

Charlotte could feel the blood in face drain..

A male voice echoes through the darkness.  "If she doesn't.. she will suffer a terrible bloody death...at your hands. Now go, morning is almost upon us."