chapter 6

Charlotte sits quietly, seething in anger.

Her life has been a lie and she doesn't know what to do about it.

The man kicks the wall again. "I'm so angry I wanted to kill someone!!"

Charlotte who is no longer afraid stands up and walks towards him. "You think you're angry?! Jenny not even my sister! My aunt has pretended to be my mom for years and to top that off my dad's a serial killer!"

The man smirks. "Yeah you could follow in my footsteps."

Charlotte takes a step back. "Ha, fat chance. I'm not a killer."

The man laughs. "Oh.. Lucy... It won't be long until you are."

Charlotte rolls her eyes. "Lucy.. my real name and I don't even want it."

The man glares at her. "I picked it and I'm going to call you that name til the day you die."

Charlotte sits at the kitchen table. "Well it won't be long until that happens right?"

The man's phone rings. "Hey, Zaron!"

He turns away from Charlotte for a moment. "Yeah, make sure you chain her down. We don't want the body to resurface... Yeah.. okay... See you in a minute."

Charlotte looks out the window and sees a man chaining Jenny's body and throwing into the water. Charlotte can feel tears trickle down her cheek. Her poor little sister.. she didn't deserve any of that.

She turns away. "So who's that man?"

The man grins. "My partner in crime."

The door flys open. "Hey Garret, who's the girl. She your next one?"

Charlotte glares at the man as he takes his black mask off to show some beautiful green eyes.

Charlotte's eyes widen. Crap. He's actually extremely attractive.

The young man walks into the room and looks Charlotte over. "Garret, she's a cutie. Where'd you find such a catch?"

Garret looks over at his daughter. "She's Lucy."

Zaron shakes his head. "Come on man. That's not okay. You're daughter isn't alive. You told me that years ago."

Garret turns red in anger. "SHE'S MY DAUGHTER!!"

Zaron throws his hands up. "Okay, okay.. jeez."

Charlotte closes her eyes and lays her head on the table. "What did I do deserve this.."

Zaron walks over to Charlotte. "Well, sweetheart... Welcome to the family."