Chapter 2

Lol ...so as i was writing this chapter, i had to go back to the man i was inlove with, i couldnt remember their full names...

Reign

After a long week at school, today i was hanging out with my friends though later on i had to meet my parents for dinner at home.

After the birth of the twins, my parents decided to have a surrogate to have their last child. They secretly hoped for a little girl. Especially Papa Victor, he badly wanted a little girl. So today, we are going to meet with the surrogate and find out the sex of the baby.  Uncle Jason and Lauren would be coming with their daughter Robin.
Robin and I were great friends since childhood. And since Jason and Papa were best friends since way back, we became close friends. She was smart and amazing, we talked a lot too.

So we finally reach the restaurant we were having lunch at. I have two close friends Arthur and Maryse. We hang out all the time.

Maryse is sweet abit quiet though when she gets comfortable with you, you can't stop her from talking. Arthur is a nutcase!

As we scan through the menu, we order for our lunch and sit to wait.

"Reign, you have to go home after this right?" Arthur asks

"Yeah, dinner with the galventes" I reply scrolling through my messages

"Gosh, I love your parents, they are the best!" Maryse says

"I know, you should come by, papa misses playing cards with you all" I say

"We are definitely coming!" Arthur replies

Everyone loved my parents, they were always getting invited to one event after the other or being honored for something. This year they were into environmental issues and what not.

Finally, our lunch is brought and as we start eating, I didn't realise how hungry I actually was. I cleaned off my plate. But hey, I've always had an appetite.
My dad tells me all the time. He said when i was younger, i always wanted mashed potatoes and chicken. So I blame my genes totally.

An hour later, we leave the restaurant and drop off Arthur first, then Maryse.
During the car ride, i played music in the car and Maryse was a bit too quiet today.
As I park at their gate, I turn towards her,

"You've been awfully quiet today Maryse" I say

"Its nothing really, I just want to rest up" she replies but clearly I don't believe her and I frown at her answer and let the issue drop.

I drive straight home and park in the compound and head inside.
I enter the living room and dad is all cuddled up in the couch making out with papa!

"Dad!" I say rolling my eyes
He lifts his head and smirks at me. He gets up from the sofa and papa gets up as well but dad keeps his arm around him.

"What?" He asks innocently

"You guys are so extra" I say laughing

"Reign Ashwin, wait till you fall in love" papa replies

"I know i won't suck face every minute" I reply and they burst out laughing.
Papa puts his arms out obviously wanting to give me a hug but hell, I can't resist, I love them a lot! I hurry into his arms as he hugs me hard and dad kisses my forehead. Am a big baby!

"So anyways, we've set everything up in the terrace for the gender reveal. The place has been decorated and Bianca will be here soon" dad says

"Yeah, we are super excited to find out the gender of the baby, fingers crossed, I hope its a girl" papa says

"Its high time we had some oestrogen around here, the twins drive us crazy" dad adds

"Where are they anyway, the house is auspiciously quiet" I say

Whenever they were around, they turned the house into a circus. It was one thing after the other.

"They are with grandma, she will bring them later on, bless that woman" dad says

Grandma( papa Vic's mom) was absolutely the best. She always spoils us so much its not even funny. Till today, she still spoils me, since i was young, she even used to bring me snacks at school if my parents gave me only fruits. They complained endlessly but you can't stop grand ma.

"Am going to my room to watch television till time for the party" I say going upstairs

My parents nod at me and go back to cuddling! I shake my head. They will never change.

The party

I stand at the door way welcoming our guests to the party as I direct them to the terrace. I see the person I've been watching out for. I ran and hug him

"Uncle Jace!" I say excitedly as he envelopes me in a hug. I loved Jason so much. Coolest uncle ever.

"Reign, still jumping to hug me like all those years back, how have you been huh? He asks my putting his arm around my neck

"its been cool, hello auntie Claire" I say going to hug her. Then Robin comes and we air kiss how we always do and burst out laughing as I lead them to the terrace.

Many more guests continue coming and when they are finally settled in the beautifully decorated terrace, the surrogate arrives.

She is wearing a white flowy dress and a tiara of flowers on her head. She is called Bianca and I've only met her once.
But dad and papa meet up with her all the time to check on the baby's progress.

She was tall, with brown eyes and long black hair. Something about her I couldn't put my hands on..........

She walks in and everyone claps as she walks to her special seat in the center designed for her.

Blue and pink candies are passed around for everyone to pick whichever color to represent what they thought the baby's gender will be.
I noticed most picked blue since we have a record of having boys.

Dad and papa both picked pink meaning a girl and they were both dressed in white too. We laughed at them endlessly.

Bianca gets up and picks a box. She opens it as we look on curiously. Pink balloons float out and my parents scream out of joy as they kiss each other and then go and hug Bianca.

Everyone claps and the waiters hired for the party serve food to the guests as people mingle and have fun.

I hang out with Robin as our parents are seated conversing and Bianca is on her chair being congratulated by the guests.

Have you read "ANTICLOCKWISE" yet?

Vote, vote and comment. How is the story so far? Are you excited about this book? Let me know...