Chapter 15

Reign(unedited)

So after Josh came last night to see my parents, I was going to meet his parents over the weekend. I'd already met Doctor Evans now I couldn't wait to meet Vance Evans.
Oh gosh! So that made us like officially dating right?

I woke up super excited, since childhood I've always been excited whenever uncle Jason who was also my godfather called to say he was coming. Back then when it was just papa and me, he'd visit on weekends and take me to the park.
So he was coming with his wife Aunt clare and their daughter Robin.
They were going to stay for a while. They were here to support dad and papa about this whole Bianca thing and Papa's family. The investigators were coming today. I hope they catch that sneaky woman and her evil dad!

Anyways, I rush downstairs in my robe for breakfast. I find dad and papa seated next to each other eating from the same plate as usual. The twins were still asleep since they weren't studying today.

"Morning dad, morning papa" I say pulling a chair and falling in it.

"Morning Reign" they reply.

I grab a glass of juice as I look at the spread wondering what to eat. I've had a problem deciding what to have for breakfast so Papa always picked for me.

"Gosh! He never changes Ryan! See him looking for what to eat" Papa groans pointing at the eggs and toast for me

"You're no longer a baby Reign" Dad says

"Like as if you were there!" I retort as I get up up to grab a plate.
I notice forks dropping and Papa says sternly, giving me the look.

"Reign Ashwin!"

That's when I realize what I just said! I widen my eyes and try apologising as fast as I can

"Dad, I'm so sorry" I say eyes pleading

"Its okay" he chokes out clearly perturbed and holding back his emotions ruthlessly as Dad tries to comfort him.

"Honey, look at me, he didn't mean it, he's young Ryan, don't take it to heart" Papa says reassuring him

"I know, its not his fault" Dad replies

I feel so bad I just get up from my seat.

"Excuse me" I say quietly.

They nod at me as I get up and go to my room. I don't know why I always did this. Whenever Dad mentioned anything about my earlier childhood when Papa raised me alone for about five years, it always made me angry and that lingering resentment always came up and I said things like that.
Dad and I had gone to countless therapy sessions but I couldn't seem to completely get over the fact that my Dad abandoned me and Papa. He threw my Papa out of the house. I almost didn't make it if it weren't for uncle Jason rushing Papa to hospital.
All because some evil best friend of Dad deceived him.
I always swore if I ever came face to face with that monster again, I would never forgive him! He even kidnapped me and shot my dad. I can't believe my parents forgave him!

I hear a knock on the door and I immediately get up.

"Come in" I say

I see a tray of breakfast coming through first then dad comes in. He puts the breakfast tray in my lap and gestures for me to eat.
I grab a slice of buttered bread and bite into it as he pours for me tea. He hands me the cup and settles down on the bed.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Dad asks

"You've explained a million times Dad" I say

"I know son, I made mistakes but I won't ever get tired of telling you how much I regret missing your earlier childhood and showing you how much I love you, your siblings and your father" he says

"I know you love us Dad, you move mountains just to make us happy and you're a good father Dad, I just need to work on this deep rooted resentment I always feel" I say as he pulls me into a hug

"Take your time, its okay as long as you know how much I love you" he says pulling back to look at me

"I love you too Dad" I say

"Now eat up, I'm going to go help your dad with the twins, Uncle Jason will be here soon, so get dressed up soon, okay?" He adds

"Okay Dad" I say eating my breakfast and hurrying to the shower. As soon I'm done pulling on a shirt, I hear a commotion downstairs. They're here!

I spray some Cologne and run my fingers through my hair and hurry downstairs.
The twins are busy squealing over the gifts they brought them.

" Uncle Jase!" I say hurrying to give him a hug.

"Oh Reign, my adorable godson" he says

"Uncle Jase! You're embarrassing me!" I gasp.
He laughs as I hug Aunt Clare and then someone tackles me from behind as we crumble to the floor!

"Robin!" I groan

"Hi short stuff" she says getting up and pulling me up with her.

"No way, I'm way taller than you now" I tell her giving her a hug

"I was so bored back at home, I'm glad we are here, more fun, you have to invite Maryse and Arthur, her cousin and your new flame" she says wiggling her eyebrows

"Fine!" I say laughing as we settle down and talk and laugh.

After lunch.

After my parents are done explaining the whole story to Uncle Jase, they are outraged! The investigators were expected any minute now and detective Fernandez was going to be here too.

When they come in and seat, we all look at them eagerly.

"We've got her!" Detective Fernandez says

Sorry for delaying to update. Its been a roller coaster holiday, I'm trying to complete the next chapter and put it up ASAP. Meanwhile, vote and comment.....