A Criminal and a Profiler

Raymond Reddington's POV

"At the time your mother was married to someone else. Someone who only pretended to love her." I said as Lizzie and I were telling Beth the story of how we met, and how we fell in love. Lizzie elbowed me. "Anyway, yes, your father sent the FBI to bring me to him. I was led to the place the FBI was holding him."

...................................

I see her walking down the stairs. The box opens, and she sits in a chair directly in front of mine. I let out a chuckle. "Agent Keen, what a pleasure." She stares at me. "Well, I'm here."

"You've gotten rid of your highlights. You look far less.. Baltimore."

"Why me? Nothing special about me. It's my first day, I'm just a profiler." I smile.

"Oh Lizzie, I think you're very special." I swear she just blushed the minute I said that to her.

....................

"I swear you blushed when I told you that, Lizzie." She laughs "I did not! It was the humidity of the room." I roll my eyes "Yeah, sure. You really expect me to believe there was any humidity in that room?" Beth giggles. "Anyway, where were we? Oh yes. Your mother and I were asked to help Madeline Pratt steal something."

........................

"I thought you said her profile is too high to attend the party!" Lizzie exclaims. I sigh "Well, she is." I walk into the room where she's adjusting her earrings. My jaw drops open, Lizzie looks absolutely gorgeous. I wish I was just here to relax with her, to spend my time with her.

"Wow."

Lizzie turns around. I smile "And I like your clutch. I'm your plus one." She looks so nervous. "I'm on foreign lands, to steal an artifact. I'm alone! If something happens-" I cut her off. "You have me. And I'm not going to let anything happen to you." We walk into the ballroom. "Shall we?" I take her hand and place my free hand on the small of her back. We begin to move to the music.

"Lizzie, I know this is very difficult for you. But we can't both lead." She sighs and I start to lead her. "How did you know about Frank?" she asks. I smile "I just liked hearing the story. The night manager and the alley..." Lizzie smirks "I made it up." I chuckle. "You're not a cop tonight. You're a criminal."

......................

Beth smiled at me "You danced with Mom! That is soo romantic!" Lizzie smiles and wraps her arms around me. "Tell her about the time when we were on the run." I chuckle "You mean the night on the ocean liner! But that's not when I finally confessed my love for you."

............................................

Lizzie sighs "I...I just can't get that look out of my head." I raise my brow at her "What look?" She stares at me "The look that woman gave me. She looked like she was afraid of me."

"When other people look at you, they see who they think you are. And because of that, they're afraid of you. But when I look at you..." I smile at her, she smiles back. I take her hand "Walk with me." I open the storage unit, and the beautiful night sky is revealed to us. I point my finger to the North Star. "That's Polaris, the North Star. It's how sailors find their way home. When I look at you, Lizzie, that's what I see. I see my way home."

.....................

Beth's eyes sparkled "Awww! Daddy, that's soo sweet!" I laugh. "Well, I confessed my love for your mother when she was finally exonerated."

........................

I'm leaning against my black car, waiting for her. Then, I hear her voice.

"Raymond"

I grin once I see her. She smiles back and starts walking toward me. She places her hands on the lapel of my jacket. "Thank you, Raymond. You saved me." I smile "I told you I'm not going anywhere, Lizzie." She giggles and throws her arms around my neck. I wrap my arms around her. I softly whisper in her ear. "I'm in love with you, Elizabeth Keen. I know I haven't been completely honest with you about so many things. Please know I'm being completely honest with you now. I love you, Lizzie."

She smiles "I believe you. Even though criminals are notorious liars." I chuckle "Sure you believe me? I'm a criminal." Lizzie laughs "Yes, I believe you. Because you're MY criminal." I feel her lips touch mine. I kiss her back, she presses her forehead against mine. "I love you, Raymond Reddington."

.....................

Beth smiles. I press my lips against her forehead. "I love you, Beth Reddington." She smiles and yawns, her eyes getting heavy. "I love you too, Daddy."

I close the door to her bedroom. Lizzie turns to me and presses her lips against mine "I love you, Raymond "Red" Reddington." I smile and kiss her back. "I love you too, Elizabeth "Lizzie" Reddington."